Replacing my current block and saddles with a Callaham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing my current block and saddles with a Callaham

Please enlighten me. I thought that the six saddles were all the same as far as screws and springs. When I spoke with the lady that answers the phone at Callaham she told me that the 2 E strings have shorter screws.

And the E and A have shorter springs.

Is this for intonation reasons?

Is there anything else I should know about which saddle to place where?

After looking at these saddles with my magnifying glass, they appear to be all the same length. I think I'm just going to put them in place and rock with it.

Comment

Upon more scrutiny, all six screws are the same length, but there are two springs which are shorter. But it seems you would want to put one of those on the G string since it's usually the G saddle that is set the furthest back.

Comment

Very strange. Are you talking about the E's string height screws or the intonation screws being shorter?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I called one of my techs and asked him about it. He said what the lady told me over the phone is correct. Usually the E and A saddles are further back therefore need the shorter springs.

Anyway I got it all installed and even unplugged the guitar sounds better. I can hear a bell-like chime and more resonance. Just more clarity. I'm doing the same thing to my other Strat also.
          Last edited by Napthol; 08-26-2023, 11:14 PM.

Comment

All guitars intonate slightly differently (otherwise every bridge would come with solid/non-adjustable saddles). Adjust your intonation and put the shorter springs where they are needed.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Also, what the lady told you over the phone is correct but the screws she was referring to which were shorter were the height adjusting screws for the two "E" strings" (not the intonation screws).
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
              X