No announcement yet.

Incoming NGD! Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I just got done jamming a couple hours through the new Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess Guitar tonight and it's great!!
    Only ran through my Line 6 Toneport UX1 USB recording interface and Line 6 POD Farm amp sim software so far as it was late and trying to keep the volume low but I also jammed to some cover songs as well. Just had recent setup done on it with a string guage I've never tried before; D'Addario EXL120+ Nickel Super Light Electric Guitar Strings: Gauges 9.5-11.5-16-24-34-44 tuned to standard E tuning. My other Epiphone Les Paul Custom is setup with D'Addario. 010-.046 guage strings in standard E tuning as is my 1998 Gibson Les Paul Special P-100 and I must say these strings are quite a contrast in bends and soloing! Much easier bends and the Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom has the sustain even with the tremolo!

This guitar is simply stunning. The Alex Lifeson has just an ever so slightly chunkier neck and the neck feels wider than my other Les Paul's - but man these guitars are just a cut above! It differs from the standard Alex Lifeson Les Paul as well in that it doesn't have the piezo in the Floyd, but it has a quality of sound and tone that is just richer sounding. Both pickups have coil splitting on both volume pots and there is a phase switch on the bridge position tone pot and the wide range of sounds is incredible!

Before the setup out of the case it had Gibson strings .010-.046 from the factory - tuned it up - the string height was high. The binding detail too is so nice. Get this guitar - you'll love it!

Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

it will not have the famous Gibson out of tune G string feature for sure

Comment

Ho hum ...

Comment

The right Epi can be every bit as good as any Gibby. CAN be. If they’re doing the right QC on these, they could be really killer.
          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
          ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
          Originally posted by Securb
          The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
            The right Epi can be every bit as good as any Gibby. CAN be. If they’re doing the right QC on these, they could be really killer.
            So many different epi generations the last 40 years hard to know what you're getting anymore.

Comment

Rush is one of Canada's National Treasures,

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X