Would you buy it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy it?

Was just at my local shop and they have a used Ibanez Paul Gilbert FRM300PR in the shop, price for me is reallly hard to pass up but there is something in question, both the shop and myself recognize, may or may not be an issue.

Basically from where the fretboard meets the head stock down about 2.5-3 inches, on both sides of the neck, there are cracks in the finish. Headstock seems stable, no flexing but because its a painted neck, they nor I can determine if its just finish cracks or it goes deeper.

Little back store, they bought it used, was fine, someone comes in and buys it and returns its shirtly after claiming the 2 cracks mentioned above. They took it back and its now on the wall.

I know the shop, very well respected, wouldnt sell something for the price they had on it, if it had the cracks in it.

Would you buy that guitar if youre not sure about the cracks.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Nope. If I really wanted one of those I'd pay more for one in good shape with a return policy.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

no

Comment

I'd have to see it, and maybe talk down the price.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          I'd have to see it, and maybe talk down the price.
          The price they told is about 175 less than the current price which is just south of 600
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post

The price they told is about 175 less than the current price which is just south of 600
            I would MAYBE do it for $500. It's like playing the lottery.

Comment

How hard up does someone have to be to risk $425 for a $175 savings? And its not really saving anything because it will have equally poor resale.

If the neck breaks, value = 0.

Comment

Not something I would gamble with.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Agreed, Ive thought about it and Im not willing to spend the money for knowing there is a risk of the head stock popping off.

Even they were slightly concerned, they have it listed at $579 and would of sold it to me for for $300.

I dont think Id buy a new Fireman, but would of looked great sitting on the wall next to my Iceman
                  Jackson Soloist 7 string
                  ESP LTD M-400

Comment

Agreed, Ive thought about it and Im not willing to spend the money for knowing there is a risk of the head stock popping off.

Even they were slightly concerned, they have it listed at $579 and would of sold it to me for for $300.

I dont think Id buy a new Fireman, but would of looked great sitting on the wall next to my Iceman
                    $300 and a promise to refund your money if the headstock goes boink would be a cool deal.
                    ​​​​​​
                    ​​​​​​
                    Take it to the limit
                    Everybody to the limit
                    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Working...
                    X