• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Jimmy Buffett

Dead at 76.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

RIP The fun is going out of this life.

Comment

Who the hell is Jimmy Buffet? Sounds like a restaurant my grandpa would like to go to on vacation. :P
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Who the hell is Jimmy Buffet? Sounds like a restaurant my grandpa would like to go to on vacation.
        I was never a fan, but saw no need to be rude about it.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Who the hell is Jimmy Buffet? Sounds like a restaurant my grandpa would like to go to on vacation. :P
          Close. A song he sang is a restaurant/bar you can go to in Las Vegas. https://www.margaritavillelasvegas.com/menu

But now you can also vacation in his song...
          Tropical paradise awaits at Margaritaville: browse resorts, restaurants, and merchandise for the ultimate island escape.

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

Jim had the world by the Nards for a long time.
              Im sure he would say "don't feel bad on my account".
              A life well lived.

Comment

Freaking really?
                How about this.
                He made it 36 years past.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                  LOL. Buffett with two Ts like “Buff It.” Not “Buff Aiy.” You may remember his songs about how awesome it is to be Jimmy Buffett, starting with Margaritaville in 1977.

At some point he went from singing about how awesome it is to live on an island to actually living on an island so that probably gave him most of his inspiration from then on.
                  Last edited by El Dunco; 09-02-2023, 11:54 PM.
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Some of it's magic. Some of it's tragic. But he had a good life all the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X