banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying a LP is too heavy is like saying a Ferrari is too fast ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never had a problem with them.

Comment

One of the more annoying things about them is when I'm tapping & my right forearm keeps knocking the selector switch to the neck position from the bridge as I move down the fretboard...always happens & it's pretty difficult/awkward trying to avoid. Upper fret access is'nt the greatest either..

Some people manage to find workaround's but I would'nt say it's a shredder's guitar...
      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 09-04-2023, 09:17 PM.
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post

Ribs you say???

I'll show you a cool trick lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resize_20230904_121825_5370.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	6247254
        Doesn't do it for me.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
            I would'nt say it's a shredder's guitar...
            Every guitar is a shredder's guitar it just depends on who is playing it.

Comment

Sorry, great player's al of them, but that does'nt change the fact they're speeding in VW Beetle's....not Ferrari's

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Sorry, great player's al of them, but that does'nt change the fact they're speeding in VW Beetle's....not Ferrari's
                I'd say more like a Camry. Good at a lot of things, but not really a high-performance vehicle. Sure, great players can make them work, and they have lots of different types of great players, too.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
                  Gibson lets you take your guitar home. So there is that.
                  I'm not even sure what that means.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Never heard so many people whine about the greatest guitar ever made.
                    Would you like some cheese with that wine ?

Comment

With good fretwork any neck can be super fast if you're not bothered by the heel. At that point it comes down to how it sounds, how it looks.

Comment

Both Les Pauls and Ferraris are too heavy ...and too slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

With good fretwork any neck can be super fast if you're not bothered by the heel. At that point it comes down to how it sounds, how it looks.

Well, why would'nt you bothered by the heel? And that's just one of many other shortcomings that need to be overcome to play fast, tap etc. They're great guitar's for rock & blues (and I guess jazz..though it's not my thing) and sure you can play metal and shred on them (as you can on a 335) but there are way better guitars more specifically geared towards that imo..

Youtube

Comment

Les Pauls are certainly more favored for the inimitable sound they make, than their ergonomics. But some players adapt and make it work.

Comment

I have to say that thinner, "shreddier" guitars are less comfortable to me overall. I will take good fretwork and setup on a Gibson over a superstrat any day. I find some lead playing marginally easier on my longer-scale neck through guitars with smoothed-out heels, but practically speaking it's never been a problem. It doesn't outweigh the difference in overall utility for the vast majority of what I play. Horses for courses; I am not a "shredder" and I don't do anything massively technical.

Gibson LP and Explorer ergonomics are just right for me, also. 24.75" scale, tune-o-matic, 4-ish degree neck angle, I'm at home. I have a Schecter Explorer with a 25.5" scale and a slightly flatter neck angle and that slight difference makes for a bunch of shoulder pain, and the thin neck doesn't feel right in my hand. I can get used to it but it's never truly just right.

​​​​​​
                              Take it to the limit
                              Everybody to the limit
                              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

That makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X