Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wasteland-Dom View Post

heya
    I completely understand your concerns. The metal parts have primers applied to them, which remove their shine. To reveal the original metal, you'd need to work through multiple layers of sealer, paint and primer. Even if some of the original metal were to be exposed sometime down the line, it wouldn't appear out of place because it has a dull, non-reflective finish that suits the used aesthetic and seamlessly blends into the theme.

Regarding repainting existing instruments, that is something I could certainly do. However, it's important to consider the additional shipping and import costs associated with sending the guitar to and from Europe. Nevertheless, I believe this is a matter we can discuss further if someone is really interested in this option...
    It is always great when a manufacturer drops by to answer questions and talk with us. It is very cool of you and greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

It is always great when a manufacturer drops by to answer questions and talk with us. It is very cool of you and greatly appreciated.
      Thanks so much
      Please understand, at the moment, this is a passion project for me, not a full-scale guitar company. I don't consider myself a manufacturer, rather than a guitar junkie haha
      I'm an enthusiastic hobbyist who finds joy in creating these guitars. I'm not driven by profit but rather by the pleasure of crafting and sharing them.

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
      I do wonder about the pedigree of the underlying instrument. The hardware, specifically the tuning keys, look like the bottom of the barrel stuff that I would take off and throw away.
      The guitars I craft are essentially partscasters, so the exact origin of all the components isn't always crystal clear. Over the years, my collection has grown to include parts from respected brands like Fender, Gibson, and ESP, as well as more affordable options such as Ibanez, Yamaha, Squier, Harley Benton, and others. I also purchase new parts from trusted suppliers like Allparts, Wilkinson, Rockinger, or Goeldo.

For my ready-made guitars, I draw from this diverse collection, prioritizing functionality over original sources. I use affordable yet reliable parts.
      This way, I can offer them at a price point lower than a Mexican Strat, all while ensuring they sound great, play effortlessly, and have a visually appealing design.

I'm certainly open to using high-end components like Gotoh, Schaller, Babicz, or Warmoth Bodies and Necks for custom builds, but that would understandably increase the cost significantly.

I'd love to work on high-end custom guitars for those who desire them.

Cheers,
      Dom
      Last edited by Wasteland-Dom; 09-20-2023, 02:19 AM.

Comment

I'm certainly open to using high-end components like Gotoh, Schaller, Babicz, or Warmoth Bodies and Necks for custom builds, but that would understandably increase the cost significantly.
        So you are saying we could send you our favorite parts? If so, intriguing...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Wasteland-Dom Can you distressed my 77 BMW for me?
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
            I can do that for you. I will just leave it parked outside of Fenway Park for a weekend with a New York Yankees bumper sticker on it.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              If you pay for shipping... :P

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

So you are saying we could send you our favorite parts? If so, intriguing...
              If you want me to paint a Fender Made in USA Strat with a Vega-Trem, Schaller Locking Tuners and Seymour Duncan Seth Lover Set. I'd say let's go!
              If you want a PRS with Gotoh Locking Tuners and Seymour Duncan Phat Cats... Why not?
              If you want a BC Rich Warlock with a Schaller Lockmeister and Seymour Duncan Blackouts ... Sure thing.

Last edited by Wasteland-Dom; 09-20-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

I'm certainly open to using high-end components like Gotoh, Schaller, Babic
                I am probably the biggest Babicz fanboy on the forum. I have them on 2 Strats and 2 Teles

Comment

Comment

I am probably the biggest Babicz fanboy on the forum. I have them on 2 Strats and 2 Teles

These are both looking really, really shiny and perhaps in need of several layers of primer, paint, and sealer.
                    Take it to the limit
                    Everybody to the limit
                    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Really cool guitars, Securb!
                      Babicz makes really great stuff. I have had a babciz tremolo on a Stratocaster and have had babicz bridge on a Telecaster.
                      Great sustain great Quality

Comment

Working...
                      X