NGD - Squier CV 60's Thinline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Squier CV 60's Thinline

Really needing a few lighter guitars lately, getting older is a drag sometimes lol

Have a CV 50's that I really like but it's freaking heavy and basically just sits in the studio because of that so I figured I'd take a swing at one of these. Indonesian not Chinese like the 50's, the hardware is a bit different and the pups are definitely not the same, not bad but not for me.

I swapped tuners, bridge assemblies and pickups and it was definitely more to my liking. The s/h body takes a good chunk of the mids away so I have a QP Tele set coming for it. Otherwise it has a great neck, excellent fretwork and just generally feels right. The CV line just continues to impress the heck out of me.

I think the Sonic Blue is a limited edition color so much better than the baby **** brown of the regular edition l

I'll take some better pics if anyone is interested but a fantastic guitar at a bargain price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thinline2.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	6248007

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Nice one! Nice aesthetics for that model.

Comment

Very nice. I love my CV60’s Strat. Still has stock pickups and switch but rest of hardware and electronics has been changed out.

Comment

I have a CV Esquire that I love. I did upgrade everything in it, tho. Tuners, bridge, pickup, straplocks.

The only thing that I don't love about it is the fact that the neck is more sensitive to temperature changes than my LP's. Oh, and the fact that it has a horrible seam from mismatching pieces in the body.

Comment

Not my kind of guitar, but that version certainly is pretty!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X