INGD: #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INGD: #4

Ordered another guitar. Different brand. Pointy.

I'm excited (again).

LTD?

LTD >>>>> Jackson, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      LTD?

LTD >>>>> Jackson, IMO
      Maaaybeee....

Comment

LTD?

LTD >>>>> Jackson, IMO
        Absolutely, had a Jackson, never could gel with it, got it gone for my blue LTD
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Hopefully not made in the same factory.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Hopefully not made in the same factory.
            Even if they are, I suspect every company that uses that factory has different standards.

All my LTD's made in the World factory have beeng great. Most my PRS SE's made in the World factory have been subpar.

Comment

I'm guessing it will be Friday or next week. I just need to chill out until then.

Comment

Tracking says Wednesday, we shall see.

I ordered this from a small music store with good online presence. Pics of guitar look great, i was able to ask some questions, but you never really know. I hope its not shop worn, looks brand spanking new in pics, but you never really know. There were a few reasons i wanted to see the guitar i was ordering this time, instead of ordering blind from a major reseller. Great deal too, but you never really know.

Comment

Hope it works out this time. It really was a shame about the Jackson Crackle's..

Though I'm wondering why you don't just go down to a store in person & play them before you buy them. It's not always the easiest thing for me to do here....but that's what I always try and do..
                  "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                  If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                    Hope it works out this time. It really was a shame about the Jackson Crackle's..

Though I'm wondering why you don't just go down to a store in person & play them before you buy them. It's not always the easiest thing for me to do here....but that's what I always try and do..
                    There is only one local dealer in nearest major city, and they only have usa models and customs.

There are three Guitar Centers in driving distance, but they dont have the guitars i want, and if they did they are floor models/ returns, so i wouldnt buy them anyway. Actually a local gc did have a floor model crackle, but i wasnt driving an hour to see it.

Guitar Center is worse than you imagine. The guitars within reach on bottom two rows are dented, grimy, and scratched up. they have boxed guitars, but usually only popular beginner models. Guitar center is more like a semi-used scratch and dent lot that they use to resell MF returns, with some expensive Gibsons hung out of reach. it didnt used to be that way.

Guitar Center ran out of business most of the local dealers, then their quality dropped like a rock. They have nib gadgets like fx processors, katana amps, tons of beginner guitars, some used gear, thats about it.
                    Last edited by Top-L; 09-11-2023, 08:11 PM.

Comment

I don't think I would buy from a local GC, either. I'd rather take my chance ordering it online, too.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post

Guitar Center ran out of business most of the local dealers, then their quality dropped like a rock. They have nib gadgets like fx processors, katana amps, tons of beginner guitars, some used gear, thats about it.
                        Yeah, that's what the local stores are like here...but every now and then they surprise you with something worth checking out. That's why I keep dropping in. 2 of them are pretty much just a 5 min walk from my place anyway..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

We don't have GC here, but I love walking into the local store here. They don't have a lot of variety, but they do have a lot of Gibson, Fender, and their subsidiary brands. We usually don't get stores that big in my hometown. Plus we usually get lower-end instruments only. And if they do get a Les Paul Studio or something, forget it if you want to try without comitting to buy it.

I want to buy an LTD these days, but personally, I'd rather just buy something similar from Gibson or one of the Gibson brands just to be able to go into the store and try it. There's something romantic about leaving the store with the guitar you bonded with, and I think it's less of a gamble than ordering online.
                          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 09-12-2023, 04:57 PM.

Comment

We don't have GC here, but I love walking into the local store here. They don't have a lot of variety, but they do have a lot of Gibson, Fender, and their subsidiary brands. We usually don't get stores that big in my hometown. Plus we usually get lower-end instruments only. And if they do get a Les Paul Studio or something, forget it if you want to try without comitting to buy it.

I want to buy an LTD these days, but personally, I'd rather just buy something similar from Gibson or one of the Gibson brands just to be able to go into the store and try it. There's something romantic about leaving the store with the guitar you bonded with, and I think it's less of a gamble than ordering online.

You know what I bond with? All I need is a good neck, and no manufacturing defects.

If it looks like it does in pics, has a good neck, and no major defects, I'm going to enjoy it.

Mojo and feel come from amazing fretwork, and that can be addressed later if the factory didn't get it perfect.

Every guitar has a personality and I'm pretty liberal in what I accept. If they were identical, then there wouldn't be any point in owning more than one.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                              You know what I bond with? All I need is a good neck, and no manufacturing defects.

If it looks like it does in pics, has a good neck, and no major defects, I'm going to enjoy it.

Mojo and feel come from amazing fretwork, and that can be addressed later if the factory didn't get it perfect.

Every guitar has a personality and I'm pretty liberal in what I accept. If they were identical, then there wouldn't be any point in owning more than one.
                              Each to his own. I can let go a few defects fly as long as they're cosmetic and don't affect playability. I've NEVER had a perfect guitar. Not even my Ibanez Prestige.

That being said, I personally did walk out of that store once with a guitar that I ended up not liking because it had a defect I didn't notice when I bought it because I got all excited about walking out of the door with my first Les Paul (other than the POS Epi Les Paul Special that I had as a second guitar). It was a... surprise surprise... Epi, LOL. I did end up taking it back, and getting a Gibson instead. It's far from perfect cosmetically, but it's plek'd so it plays as well as a guitar with a thick-ish neck and small-ish frets can, but it sounds incredible.

I personally have a hard time justifying the expense of a fretjob on a new guitar. The store that I usually buy from here usually includes that in the price of buying new. Their fretwork is decent. It's not plek'ing, but it's brought some cheapie guitars like my Squier into great players. But if I had to factor in the cost of fretwork to the price of an already 800-1000 dollar guitar, I'd just be pissed. I ought to learn how to do it, honestly.

LTD's for me have been the most consistent in that regard. None have needed an urgent fretjob when new.
                              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 09-12-2023, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X