banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really, really don't need another cheap guitar, but . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really, really don't need another cheap guitar, but . . .

Dang this little Squier Strat looks sweet. Sort of a mature version of a Hello Kitty. And a hardtail to boot.

I like that color!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Everyone needs a project guitar that doesnt stay in tune.

Comment

I've had good luck with my Squiers. Then again, I almost always do a nut dressing and/or replacement with each new/used guitar.

(My luthier friend does. Seldom me personally.)
        Last edited by ArtieToo; 09-18-2023, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Nothing wrong with lowbuck stuff. It's just a wee bit harder to get all the music out of it. It's in there, though - waiting to be teased out.
          aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

If you are thinking about that...consider one of the candy color Kramer Beretta Specials too.

Just screw those springs down.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c590--Sol...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'd turn it into a cheap Tom Delonge guitar with an Invader and a pearloid pickguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                If you are thinking about that...consider one of the candy color Kramer Beretta Specials too.

Just screw those springs down.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c590--Sol...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                For sure! The Kramer is made of mahogony, the fender is "poplar".

The cheap Jackson JS34 I had was "poplar". It was a 5lb guitar with the floyd. A hardtail version might be sub 5 lbs. Not much bass. That Kramer will feel more substantial and it has 22 frets.

Comment

I'm just day dreaming. I have my Peavey Rockmaster with the Jason Becker Perpetual Burn. Probably blows that Squier away.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                    Everyone needs a project guitar that doesnt stay in tune.
                    Why would you say that?
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      I'd turn it into a cheap Tom Delonge guitar with an Invader and a pearloid pickguard.
                      That crossed my mind also.

Comment

The first Strat I ever touched was a $99 Squire. That sold me on Strats.

Even cheap Squires are great guitars. Not the quality of $2000-3000 Strats, but a good foundation/starting place to have fun with (and mod to your hearts content).

That one certainly is beautiful. I'm a sucker for blue and purple colored guitars.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                        X