No announcement yet.

Ok, so what $1000 guitar would you buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so what $1000 guitar would you buy?

You guys already know my tastes. Unfortunately, qc has been really bad.

So if you have 1k to pick a new new guitar, what would you get? +/- a little.

If I liked the pointier and more colorful stuff as much as you, I would wait till I could spend more and get something from the ESP E-II lineup. A Horizon III or NT or something. You can find good ones used for under 2k.

Schecters are good quality and can be had cheaper, but they look kinda cheesy. Also I haven't been thrilled with the tones I get out of mine. But playability is great.

If I was buying for me right now, I would get an Ibanez Iceman or Xiphos 7 string. But I am happily married to the guitars I already have and might get my eyeballs carved out for looking too hard at anything else.
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

For a grand
      for you:
      I would get the EC1000 Piezo
      One stop do everything axe

For me
      Ibanez Q series double hum headless in Blue

Ok I would take either one to be honest
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Another strat maybe or who knows.

Comment

You want something neck thru and with a Floyd, right?

I don't remember if we already went through this, but... Solar? Chapman?

Comment

Id probably go for a Charvel or an EVH. I could also build a Warmoth for that much.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post
              If I liked the pointier and more colorful stuff as much as you, I would wait till I could spend more and get something from the ESP E-II lineup. A Horizon III or NT or something. You can find good ones used for under 2k.

Schecters are good quality and can be had cheaper, but they look kinda cheesy. Also I haven't been thrilled with the tones I get out of mine. But playability is great.

If I was buying for me right now, I would get an Ibanez Iceman or Xiphos 7 string. But I am happily married to the guitars I already have and might get my eyeballs carved out for looking too hard at anything else.
              Eii guitars are weird. They raised the prices, 2500-3500. No stainless frets, most have pickup rings. The Eii mii i like is 3600. Not worth that to me. I would get an uberschall before i bought that.

Id like a good m1 custom like the one i returned, but am thinking on it before i get burned again. The indo versions are built different than korean ones, which limits where i can buy.

Jacksons? Hell no. Not any more. Shecters look like they are made for teenagers.

Neck through for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                Shecters look like they are made for teenagers.
                Some are OK, IMO. The neck profiles are also really familiar-feeling if you like LTD's.

This is not too bad, IMO.

Comment

I'd buy something used. That way I'd get more value and more guitar as compared to buying new.
                  In fact, out of the hundred of guitars I've owned - 3 of them have been spanking new, never played. Just 3.
                  But like Dave, building a Warmoth for less than a grand is a terrific idea.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

$1K won't even buy a Squire or Epi lol.
                    I prolly buy my wife dinner and put the rest in my gas tank.

Comment

The one I played at the store here a while ago was pretty sweet...no issues at all. They're a bit generic looking as superstrat's go but otherwise a sturdy, well made axe. Great fit/finish/fret-job & cool hardware/pup's/specs for a $900-1000 axe. I'm just not partial to neck-through's or there's a good chance I'd have picked it up

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The one I tried was with the "maximum steel" finish (dark metallic grey). It actually looked pretty cool plus I like HSS guitars though this has single sized hum's (SD Cool Rails)..I think the prices may have gone up a bit since though...
                        "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                        If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Look what our own Orpheo has to offer!

Here's a 2017 Orpheo Guitars carved strat. The body is 1 piece koa, the neck is pau ferro, with an ebony board: 25.5" scale, 22x 6105 frets, 10"-14" compound radius. The pickups have since been swapped for gold covered pickups by Dimarzio, an Air Norton in the bridge and two choppers in the neck. I'll add more
                          I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

PRS SE DGT Goldtop

I would then upgrade all the electronics. Mann bridge, locking tuners, set of Gibson Custombuckers.

I’d be into it for about $1700, but I’d have an Amazing guitar for about 1/2 the price of a used USA DGT.

Comment

For just a hair over 1k, I have my eye on an LTD Phoenix in See thru blackburst or vintage white
                              1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                              Jackson Soloist 7 string
                              ESP LTD M-400
                              Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Working...
                              X