banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when Peavey made drums in the 90s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were some other awkward Peavey attempts at metal guitars in the 80s, as well. 1985 Peavey Mantis.

I'd say the most metal thing about Peavey as a company was their classic, jagged/pointy logo.

I would have put that logo on their metal stuff, and then the later signature logo (Hartley's, I'm assuming) on mainstream stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post
      I forgot that the XXX and I think the Ultra were fairly good Dual Rec clones, if you could stand EQ knobs that said things like, "hair," "body," and "bottom." Oooh, edgy. I think this was during the Jackson Jenna Jameson phase. I seem to remember the Butcher making a small impression. Some of these heads also had bias probe points so you wouldn't die trying to retube your amp, but I have seen complaints about the accuracy of those.

The XXX was suppose to be a George Lynch sig amp but George & Hartly could never seal the deal.

Comment

Everything PV is made in Jina nao >

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

The XXX was suppose to be a George Lynch sig amp but George & Hartly could never seal the deal.
          Didn't he use Randalls back in the day? Suited his bright, articulate tone well.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Did that work its way into the JSX Satch endorsement?

Comment

I've had several different Peavey amps, and an old 80's Patriot bass too. The amps were a Bandit 75, an early Bandit 112, Triumph 60 head and a 5150 head (first gen). I used a late-90's early 2000's Bandit that belonged to bandmate at the time for a short while until I got a new amp. My Marshall's power supply bit the dust and took other things with it. That Bandit was freaking loud and sounded really good. Those are workhorse amps. I wouldn't hesitate to use one again.

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post

Do you live in northern Vermont? Please say yes
                Sorry-rural TN these days. Gave up on winter after 58 years of Chicago weather!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Inflames626 View Post

Did that work its way into the JSX Satch endorsement?
                  no different amp.

In the very early 80's George played solid state Randalls and they sounded amazing.
                  The first couple Dokken records were recorded with them.
                  Here's a track.

I saw Dokken Breaking the chains tour @ Mississippi Nights in St. Louis in 1982.
                  George was playing out of 3 / 100 watt Randall heads & 5 / 4-12 cabs.
                  Loudest medium club show i ever heard.

Comment

Under Lock and Key is probably my favorite Dokken album. Great tones.

Comment

Those were really good sounding drums but looked a little weird. That was from the era that Peavey took a stab at building some really high level boutique guitars bases and the drums. I once owned a S-1 from that era that was a real killer. Unfortunately it weighed in at just under 10 LBS and was uncomfortable to play on a long set. Still miss that one here is one currently on Reverb like mine only mine was in the transparent red https://reverb.com/item/55985300-pea..._source=google
                      Guitars
                      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
                      X