I may be becoming a Strat Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be becoming a Strat Guy

No I'm not giving up my Les Paul's. They will always be my number one choice. But after 56 years on the planet, I may have came to terms with the Stratocaster.

In "Work Band" that we do annually for charity, we play a lot of things; Rock, Pop, Country, Metal, etc.. I find that this season, I have been going simple and just grabbing my Lonestar Strat (with PG+) and using a little volume English to shade the gain. SO far it has been going great and I'm really loving it.

When I'm not doing that, my office guitar is a Squire Strat (Malmsteen project) that I have been playing the crap out of during breaks and on boring meetings.

I'm not sure how far this will go...but this is the most Stratty I have ever been and my positivity towards the style continues to grow.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

I have 3.

HSS
    HxH
    SSS

Fun mod platforms too.

Comment

My main guitars are all based on Strat platforms.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not much to dislike about a strat. And if you find something, you can usually mod it the way you want.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Comment

I like Strats except for the most common neck profiles they use.

I mean, the necks are mostly alright. Most modern ones are thin C's. Cool. But the fretboard radius. I wish they were a bit flatter.

Comment

You're in good company. :P

Hot rails in the bridge.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

I love Strats. Amazing to think how futuristic the Stratocaster design was in 1954.
                I mean, the Les Paul was seen as a major innovation just two years before.

Pretty sure the Strat was the first truly ergonomic guitar. Fits the player's body so well.
                All controls easily accessible, especially the volume knob.

An HSH with a Floyd was my do-it-all guitar for literally thousands of shows back in the 80s.
                Still have a couple of superStrats in the fleet, along with a handful of classic SSS types and a few Teles.
                But my all-time favorite Strat is a vintage one and it's a true joy.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                  You're in good company. :P

Hot rails in the bridge.
                  I didn't know tom cruise played a strat!
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The things that you wanted
                    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      I like Strats except for the most common neck profiles they use.

I mean, the necks are mostly alright. Most modern ones are thin C's. Cool. But the fretboard radius. I wish they were a bit flatter.

The 2004 Deluxe Player Stratocaster radius is 12 like a Les Paul & the Eric Johnson sig.
                      Ive had two 62 RI Strats with the 7.25 radius. Don't like those at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

The 2004 Deluxe Player Stratocaster radius is 12 like a Les Paul & the Eric Johnson sig.
                        Ive had two 62 RI Strats with the 7.25 radius. Don't like those at all.
                        Is the Deluxe Player Mexican? I heard it's more common for Mexican Fenders to have the 12" radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          My main guitars are all based on Strat platforms.
                          Not Start "platforms" or Super Strats...real Strats.

I have been playing the crap out of my Nuclear Jackson for quite a while

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                            I especially the volume knob.
                            Slowly making peace with that.

Comment

Placement of the volume knob does take some getting used to that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X