banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversion bushings for Kluson-type tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion bushings for Kluson-type tuners?

s anybody using them? Which ones do you recommend?

I've got a Les Paul which came with the Gibson Deluxe tuners that come with the Grover-style colar. I want to replace them using Gotoh Kluson-style locking tuners. However, those have the 8mm push-in bushing.

What conversion bushings have you guys used that would cover up the imprint of the Grover nut and washer better?

I read that there are different conversion bushings on the market that have a slightly different diameter since there is no standard. So bringing out a precision caliper and taking measures on your guitar is important. In doubt I would choose the ones with the biggest diameter.
    Bad news on the imprints: They are bigger than any bushing.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
      I read that there are different conversion bushings on the market that have a slightly different diameter since there is no standard. So bringing out a precision caliper and taking measures on your guitar is important. In doubt I would choose the ones with the biggest diameter.
      Bad news on the imprints: They are bigger than any bushing.
      Looks like it. The Grover washer is 15 mm in diamater, and the biggest conversion bushings I found were 14 mm.

Oh well, we'll see how that turns out. I ordered two sets. One off Philadelphia Luthier, and some cheapie Chinese off Amazon.

Comment

Kluson® Modern Bolt Bushing To Vintage Push-In Cosmetic Adapter Kit For Vintage Stamped Steel Tuning MachinesKluson®'s new hex bolt adapter bushing kit allows you to take a modern production or vintage instrument that was bored out for larger die cast tuning peg holes and convert the peghole to a vintage size without losing the hex head diecast appearance from the front. The specially designed washer fits neatly under the hex head push-in bushing to maintain a clean conversion appearance while making a conversion to Kluson® Vintage Stamped Steel Series tuning machines. This conversion bushing is for 1/4 in. or 6 mm string posts and cosmetically keeps your instrument looking like it has screw-in hex head bushings.Sold in sets of (6) bushings with (6) matching washers.

These look really cool, but not available in Nickel.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2023-10-21 at 8.05.40 PM.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	6254585

Well, in the end, they came out looking alright, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X