• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thrill is Gone is also cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post
      DO THE BEAR CAT by DAVID WILCOX! You're welcome. /end thread
      I think we have a winner. Got any ideas for things to do on the bass? I've got a few, but I always like to hear more.

Comment

The Police - "Ghost In the Machine" - "Darkness." In 2.3 seconds, you can play this bass line just like Sting.

Comment

Dang, do the bearcat is the most re re song I think I've ever heard that isn't trying to be. Makes me wonder what the appeal is lol.
          Last edited by Clint 55; 10-24-2023, 03:47 PM.
          The things that you wanted
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by '59 View Post

I think we have a winner. Got any ideas for things to do on the bass? I've got a few, but I always like to hear more.
            Descending line to counter the guitar
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
              Dang, do the bearcat is the most re re song I think I've ever heard that isn't trying to be. Makes me wonder what the appeal is lol.
              The appeal is it's enough to make you want to leave your home. It's the kind of sound you can't leave alone.
              "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

I can definitely leave that song alone. It's re as **** lol.
                I bought them for you

Comment

For the older people, what is a "re re"?
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

For blues/early rock, maybe Link Wray? An early guitar pioneer who doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO.

Rumble by Link Wray,High Quality - Best version.Please subscribe for more high standard stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                      For the older people, what is a "re re"?
                      dumb, lame. Shortened from a word that's less tolerated today than in past years.

Comment

I can definitely leave that song alone. It's re as **** lol.
                        Hopefully one day you can appreciate it, because it's genius. Some insight into the songwriting process:

Even if you think the lyrics are corny, that riff is groovy AF. Soulful solo too.

Comment

Re af
                          I bought them for you

Comment

Re af
                            Flaunting your intellect I see.

Comment

The pot calling the kettle black with that song? :P
                              Last edited by Clint 55; 10-25-2023, 01:16 PM.
                              I bought them for you

Comment

The pot calling the kettle black with that song? :P
                                Forgive me if I'm not down with the kids, but in this metaphor you are the pot, the kettle is the song, and the calling is when you called the song re re?
                                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                                X