NGD: Gibson Kirk Hammett Les Paul Greeny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Gibson Kirk Hammett Les Paul Greeny

Got this in a couple days ago, its my birthday present to myself which is tomorrow. This is basically the same as a Les Paul standard faded with a AAA top and different pickups. The real reason I got this is because it's a AAA flame maple top with a satin finish. Love the satin finishes. I plan on swapping out the Greenybuckers this weekend for a SD custom/jazz neck set and I'm going to put on locking tuners and change the output jack and the jackplate to a nickel one. Here's some pics, will update after I get my mods done.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

I usually don't like sunburst LPs but that is stunning.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It has the darkest mahogany I've seen on any Gibson. Compare the mahogany on the 2 standards next to each other in the pics. I really like it and it's pretty light at 8lbs12oz!
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I didn't know they had a satin finish.

Comment

That is nice. And it’s lighter than my 2009 Trad Pro Les Paul, which is 9 lbs. 2 oz. or thereabouts.

Comment

Really nice top!
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Happy birthday! Nice one! If it were me I'd play it a while before modding (it's good enough for Kirk), but you gotta do you.

Comment

I'd hit it. Need to fix the neck pickup though.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I love the top. I love the back. I don't love the color of the top, but I bet it sounds and plays like a dream!

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

I like burst Les Pauls and I love a good flame top! Looks beautiful. Excellent choice.

Edit: Your new LP is also a mere 9 oz heavier than my R9. Good job getting a light one!
                    "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      Happy birthday! Nice one! If it were me I'd play it a while before modding (it's good enough for Kirk), but you gotta do you.
                      The reason I'm changing the pickups is because of the out of phase middle position. I use the middle position 95% of the time and I can't stand out of phase tones because it cuts out the mids and what I play is all mids!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

The reason I'm changing the pickups is because of the out of phase middle position. I use the middle position 95% of the time and I can't stand out of phase tones because it cuts out the mids and what I play is all mids!
                        It's actually the other way around, LOL. All it leaves is mids. Hence why it sounds so nasal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          It's actually the other way around, LOL. All it leaves is mids. Hence why it sounds so nasal.
                          Hmm... interesting but it just doesn't work for playing ska/punk.

Comment

Hmm... interesting but it just doesn't work for playing ska/punk.
                            Yeah, no. It's cool for some old-people bluesy licks from time to time. But it would indeed get in the way if I were playing rhythm on that position all of the time.
                            Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 11-03-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

You could just switch the wires on the neck and keep rockin'

Comment

Working...
                              X