• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daion guitars

Anyone know anything about them?
    The Headhunter in particular.

Really, nobody?

Comment

i know of them, but ive never had one in my hands. from what i know its mij and the build quality was good

Comment

The acoustics were highly sought after in particular by the Nashville session guys. Didn't last long and went under, but have seen and played quite a few of them and was always impressed with them. They will normally bring good money in the market also. Headhunters are no joke ! Example https://reverb.com/item/69669596-dai...-tobacco-burst
        Last edited by Ascension; 12-06-2023, 08:33 PM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Ouch... it will be my last guitar. lol
          Last edited by solspirit; 12-07-2023, 07:27 AM.

Comment

That headhunter's bridge and inlays remind me of the Japanese Washburns from the 80s. Were they made in the same factory?

Comment

I vaguely remember that Daion guitars was related to Yamaki guitars . . . and I've played a couple really stellar Yamaki acoustics (owned one for many years).
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by voggin View Post
                That headhunter's bridge and inlays remind me of the Japanese Washburns from the 80s. Were they made in the same factory?
                The two I saw both had brass inlays like that.
                I think most of Japans guitars came out of like 3 or 4 factories back then.

Comment

Working...
                X