John Carruthers interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Carruthers interview

Short interview with my guitar maintenance teacher at GIT, John Carruthers. He was over what later became the guitar craft program of Musician's Institute. This was done about 2006 (I was there in 2000). I think he has retired from the school by now. His shop was in Venice then but is now in Camarillo, CA, going toward Oxnard and Ventura.

For an Arkansan like me Los Angeles was like a shopping mall--fun if you had money, but in most ways was highly inconvenient, from costs to traffic to parking to crime to potable water.

That said, what I remember of Venice was very nice. It seemed peaceful and quiet and, by California standards, was a place I would most consider like home.

John seems the same as I remember him here. I hope he's doing well. I wouldn't have 50-60 guitars set up to my specs that I did myself without him. I just wish he had taught me more about frets, wood, and paint, but the course was designed around musicians maintaining their own instruments, not a complete luthiery course.

I've queued it to the interview:

Last edited by Inflames626; 12-09-2023, 10:44 PM.

I thought I was the only one that thought that about lighter guitars.

Comment

Another reason why I love Sabre's

First one being their lightning speed
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
      X