banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early morning rumination. (JJN Silencer and guitar.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early morning rumination. (JJN Silencer and guitar.)

I was looking up some Duncan pickup info, and noticed this pic on the Duncan home page. Its the Jared James Nichols P-90 Silencer pup and guitar. I love this axe. Simple, clean Goldtop. But on the Duncan site, it has a Bonamassa-ish knob configuration. Neither the guitar on Sweetwater, Epiphone's website, or JJN videos, show this knob configuration.

Not really sure where I'm going with this. Just an early "can't sleep" observation. I like it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seymour Duncan P90 Silencer.png
Views:	140
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	6264302

I guess that's all he needs, right? BTW, he is the real deal. And a nice guy, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm not a "metal" guy, but I like his videos. The "knob" thang is just interesting.

Comment

They do seem decent, though only the newest version (pelham, super sweet) has the noiseless pu; the previous ones do have Duncans though.

The knob placement is per usual LP, just the bridge volume and neck tone of a two pu model are omitted .
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
        X