NGD - happy birthday to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - happy birthday to me

And finally my brand new guitar arrived. Well, in truth, it's used but in mint condition. I got an ibanez AZ224F in brown topaz burst. And I couldn't be more happy. Despite its indonesian origin, the overall quality is really high. The fretwork is good (at the same level of the MIM wolfgang), the tuners and the tremolo work properly and the guitar stays in tune. It is exceptionally light. It's the lightest I own. The neck has an oval C shape, as advetised on Ibanes website. But It's seems becoming next to D shape on the higher frets.
    I played a couple of hours today with the guitar plugged straight into the amp (Orange crush20), only at bedroom volume. Next week I'll try it with my complete rig during the band rehearsal. The single coils are fat, and really dig them. The humbucker is bright, in a positive way, with a tight low end. But as i said I tried the guitar at low volume, so any impression will be confirmed at the end of next week. In any case, everything I had read about these guitars, the good reviews, the positive judgments, are confirmed. With the Az series Ibanez really has realesed a game changer
    Attached Files

looks great man! enjoy the new toy. i like the deeper cutaway, seems like it as great upper fret access

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      looks great man! enjoy the new toy. i like the deeper cutaway, seems like it as great upper fret access
      Thanks. Yes, it's pretty easy to play the D on the lower 22th fret
      Attached Files

Comment

That’s one hot guitar!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Very cool, that heel access reminds of the Washburn N4 cut away. Enjoy!

Comment

Happy birthday! Nice axe.
            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

What's that small cover plate for on the back?
              Originally Posted by IanBallard
              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I definitely like everything about that body. But I'm wondering why they wouldn't have put a nicer looking fretboard on it.

Comment

Nice looking guitar. Is the body smaller than that of a Stratocaster?

Comment

What bridge is that?

Comment

the plate is for the jack, the bridge is a gotoh iirc

Comment

Gotoh 510T-BS1 Non-locking 2 Point Tremolo Bridge

​That's the tremolo

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                          the plate is for the jack, the bridge is a gotoh iirc
                          Yes right

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                            Nice looking guitar. Is the body smaller than that of a Stratocaster?
                            Yes it's smaller and lighter

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                              I definitely like everything about that body. But I'm wondering why they wouldn't have put a nicer looking fretboard on it.
                              That's roasted maple. I don't dislike it, but I prefer the brighter color of the maple. Anyway the neck is really comfy and the comfort of playing it is far superior to the pleasure of watching it ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                              X