banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How 2 nail Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald tone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 2 nail Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald tone?

How am I to imitate the tone of the guitar on this track? It's a great sound but I'm not too great at copying tones, but this one I really want to sound like the record

It is wet with reverb and sounds like far-micing or post-reverb. If I was hell-bent on replicating it I would use a spring reverb to sim the amp and then a second reverb to capture the ambiance of the room. I can also hear a bit of slapback with a second listen. A delay and a reverb? Maybe?
    Last edited by Securb; 01-29-2024, 01:52 PM.

Comment

It sounds like the neck pickup with the tone down slightly, with a fuzz with a lot of reverb.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Main lead tone is a pedal steel and a Gretch.
        Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-29-2024, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Main lead tone is a pedal steel and a Gretch.
          Never forget that some of the best music comes from Canada. Gordon Lightfoot, David Wilcox and The Tragically Hip, to name a few.

I always thought it was a Tele in the middle or neck position but Gretsch doesn't surprise me. A Tele into a clean 6L6 tube amp with lots of reverb will get you there.
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Capo on the Gretch.
            GL had that 12 string Gibson until he died.

Comment

May I ask why on Seymour's green earth you want to nail that tone?
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                Not to be pedantic, but it's Gretsch. Gretch is what you do when you mix tacos with too many Tequila shots.
                I don't drink alcohol.
                Am i gonna pass yer class teacher ?

Comment

It is kind of an interesting tone. It is better on the recorded version than the live one above.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Fender_Punk View Post

Never forget that some of the best music comes from Canada. Gordon Lightfoot, David Wilcox and The Tragically Hip, to name a few.
                    Neil Young, Guess Who, Celine Dion, Lighthouse, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Steppenwolf, the Band, Rush, Blood Sweat & Tears, Joni Mitchell.
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Not a Chilliwack fan?

(hahahhaha)

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        May I ask why on Seymour's green earth you want to nail that tone?
                        Your questioning why would be good enough for me to want to.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          Not a Chilliwack fan?

(hahahhaha)
                          I LOVE Chilliwack! And Deisel too....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                          X