Ok, I'm jonesing for a Silent guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, I'm jonesing for a Silent guitar.

The Yamaha is out of my range for at least a year, does anyone have any experuence with the Donner Hush?

https://www.donnerdeal.com/products/donner-silent-guitar-mahogany?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_camp aign=DODN1780-gta-PMAX-HUSHI-eve-us-231009&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA5rGuBhCnARIsAN11 vgROeF4cc_W2M4D-0jXoDQzQ6e4qO73yhck2_9CcLQBhrZ9WsQo9SBcaAvQyEALw_w cB

You want the steel string or the nylon on the Yamaha?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I want one too, but I can't justify it yet.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        You want the steel string or the nylon on the Yamaha?
        I think the steel string.

Comment

I have a Gen 1, and I love it. It sounds terrific, and it plays very well. I replaced the bronze strings with my usual D'Addario XL 10's and it has the feel of an electric, but it doesn't affect the acoustic sounds. The action is low, and the neck shape is very comfy. I've modded a few things to make it easier to play - and I hope someday to add a Bill Lawrence A-300 at the neck for a 3rd sound. Believe it or not, it sounds great through the Marshall, too. It's a keeper!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Silent Guitar.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	6270642

Comment

Both the steel and nylon are really fun instruments.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I realize there are differences
              but

isn't any electric guitar "Silent" if not plugged in?
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I just don't see it myself. What is the fascination?
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I just don't see it myself. What is the fascination?
                  Miss the part about "sounds terrific"?

You get 2 superb acoustic sounds, no chance of feedback at any volume. Built in effects are cool, too. It's super light, but not bulky like many acoustics. Breaks down into a small gig bag, so it makes for a nice travel guitar (if you're into that thing).

Comment

You get 2 superb acoustic sounds, no chance of feedback at any volume. Built in effects are cool, too. It's super light, but not bulky like many acoustics. Breaks down into a small gig bag, so it makes for a nice travel guitar (if you're into that thing).
                    This is what interests me.

Comment

No.

There are lots of electric guitars that sound terrific, are silent when not plugged in, are small and portable, and have acoustic sounds available when plugged in. But if you're going to plug it in, you don't need a "silent guitar". And if you don't need a "silent guitar", nothing beats the acoustic sound of a real acoustic guitar.

Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I agree, a mic'ed acoustic is the only sound I really like for a barebones setup. But some of the nylon silent guitars get reasonably close if you want to run a silent stage. I haven't had too much experience with the steel strung ones, but they seem pretty alright
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

that donner looks great for a travel thing. I'd love an aluminum version that wouldn't warp with heat and weather (like a hot car)

Comment

I like the fact that you can plug your headphones directly into the guitar, eliminating the need for an amp or the bulk of an acoustic.

Comment

There are a few of the Yamahas used on Reverb for $350-400, if that makes a difference to ya.
                              Take it to the limit
                              Everybody to the limit
                              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Working...
                              X