WTF Hyperswitch battery life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Hyperswitch battery life

I've wrapped it in electrical tape. I have NOT connected it to the app since the first day, when I set it up. I'm only playing that guitar maybe half an hour a day TOPS. Most days much less. Some days not at all.

So why am I having to change the battery every week?

Cool idea, but this is unworkable as-is.
    Last edited by St_Genesius; 02-19-2024, 12:37 PM.
    ---------------------------
    The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Something is wrong- it shouldn't drain that fast. It is only drained when you use the app. Are you leaving the guitar plugged in?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not typically, but I can't say NEVER. On the rare occasion that I do, I turn the volume down, because otherwise my wireless system stays on.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Are you leaving the guitar plugged in?
      Last edited by St_Genesius; 02-19-2024, 12:40 PM.
      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

Comment

According to the User Guide:

2. Check the remaining battery power. You must be paired with the App to do this. Actual battery life will vary depending on how often and how long you are connected to the App, as using Bluetooth uses significantly more power and will deplete the battery faster. Using the HyperSwitch unpaired with the App in a live/ playing state uses very little power. • Functional Range: 2100hrs. This use case would be minimal App pairing time and using the HyperSwitch for playing. • Paring Range: 6hrs. This use case would be pairing to the App continuously, never disconnecting from the App or going into sleep mode. • HyperSwitch must have power to work – a *dead battery will result in no sound • HyperSwitch does not require the App to be on to work in the guitar

Comment

And yet.

According to the User Guide:

2. Check the remaining battery power. You must be paired with the App to do this. Actual battery life will vary depending on how often and how long you are connected to the App, as using Bluetooth uses significantly more power and will deplete the battery faster. Using the HyperSwitch unpaired with the App in a live/ playing state uses very little power. • Functional Range: 2100hrs. This use case would be minimal App pairing time and using the HyperSwitch for playing. • Paring Range: 6hrs. This use case would be pairing to the App continuously, never disconnecting from the App or going into sleep mode. • HyperSwitch must have power to work – a *dead battery will result in no sound • HyperSwitch does not require the App to be on to work in the guitar

Comment

So something is wrong. Either the radio in the switch is constantly trying to connect, the wiring is constantly drawing from the battery, or something is defective.

Comment

You're right. I'd go so far as to describe it as a cool idea, but unworkable as-is.

In fact, I did.

So something is wrong. Either the radio in the switch is constantly trying to connect, the wiring is constantly drawing from the battery, or something is defective.

Comment

Yeah, if the battery is dead all the time, it isn't going to work. I don't have a Hyperswitch here, so I'd suggest a call to the factory. They may be able to suggest a reason why it is draining so quickly.

Comment

Are you perhaps using a mono jack instead of a stereo jack? Your battery life sounds about on par with what you'd expect from never turning the switch off.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I would first try this: unplug the guitar when not using it. If it is still draining that fast, there is a problem with the switch (the bluetooth would be constantly on even when not in use).
                    Also, make sure the 'sleep timer' in the app isn't set for something like 180 minutes

Comment

Working...
                    X