I gotta stay outta the pawn shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta stay outta the pawn shops

I was in a pawn shop in downtown Lowell just now, and they had a 2012 LP Classic Cherry Sunburst plain top with double creams in mint condition for $1000. It was very hard to walk away from. The guy said the market in the area for instruments is horrible all the kids want is DJ gear so he has to mark all of his guitars way down.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I was in a pawn shop in downtown Lowell just now, and they had a 2012 LP Classic Cherry Sunburst plain top with double creams in mint condition for $1000. It was very hard to walk away from. The guy said the market in the area for instruments is horrible all the kids want is DJ gear so he has to mark all of his guitars way down.
    You shoulda bought that. Which shop?
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post

You shoulda bought that. Which shop?
      Lowell Pawn, the drive-through one near Crown Chicken. If I hadn't just bought an amp last week I probably would have grabbed it. I still might.

Comment

Are you sure he wasn't unloading a Chibson?
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

theres a drive though pawn shop?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            All too easy. . .

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              It was a bank originally

zz0.qh9bxshjenzz

Comment

I saw this also it made me think about starting another Strat project

Comment

There are so many things you can do with $300

That aint that

Would it even get any love in the rotation

I keep wanting one more. And i just can't find a spot for another
                  Literally. Walls are full , floor is full. Two live in gigbags leaned against the arm of the couch

You've got at least as many as I do
                  EHD
                  Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                  RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                  SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                  Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                  Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                  Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                  Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                  GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I came home empty-handed today despite seeing lots of cool stuff priced nice.

Comment

I’ve got 40+ guitars in my collection, and a little over 3/4 of them came from Pawnshops.

I never ever pass up any killer deal I find at a pawnshop.

Even if it’s something I don’t really want, I’ll buy it and use it down the line as trade bait, or to sell when I find something I REALLY want.

Comment

That's funny...the low "E" string is would backwards on the tuner.

What kind of picks was the owner using, and how crazy was he strumming to get all of that red scuffing on the scratch plate? And a broken pot shaft?

Maybe you could offer $200, then settle for $250. It shouldn't take much work to get that in top playing condition.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That would have hurt...
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I saw this also it made me think about starting another Strat project

That's a $500-600 guitar cleaned up.

Comment

Also, please go back and put $50 down for me on that Iceman bass. I'll be up in April to pick it up. I said no more guitars. Not no more basses!

Comment

Working...
                              X