Things I "found" while I was away....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I "found" while I was away....

Sometime around 2018 my local guitar store closed for good, and I was able to snag 2 bargains..... One of which ticks 2 boxes that have remained unticked for way too long with a cherry on top, and the second is a sign that we´re all doomed. And both of them basically increased in value 100% when I walked out the door with them, not that that was an actual consideration.

The Box Ticker, aka PRS Stripped 58 in I think it´s called whaleburst.... I have never owned a PRS but always wanted one, and I have not had a Les Paul for many years because I coudln´t find one that was even half as good as the LP-Gotic I acquired many years ago thourgh this forum but was forced to sell to fund studio costs..... The color is the cherry, I´ve always loved blueburst LPs... Got it for 2500€
    Without further ado....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20211223_102752.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	6272115 Click image for larger version

Name:	20211223_102826.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	6272116
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

And anybody who ´s known me for the majority of the 20 years I´ve been here will see this next one, very specifically the headstock, and start running for the next fallout shelter....

2004 ESP KH-2 Bolt on. Still has the Oldschool wood-screw trem posts, non-quick connect EMGs...you know, all the good stuff we used to use before everything had to be "easy"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	KH-2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	6272119

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

What's the other?

Comment

And since the edit function seems to be borked again (Is that a regular occurrence with the new software, or is there a known workaround?)... ASking price was 1500€... teh exact same guitar ordered today will set you back 5k and 12 months

You may now commence your personal Exodi as you see fit. Remember toi take lots of water with you :P

Comment

And almost more hilariously, the ESP still has the original DM (German Marks, the currency we used before the €uro was adopted, eychange rate 1.81 DM = 1€) Pricetag on teh butt end strap pin...... 4800DM... so, even in 2004 it cost more than twice what I paid for it, hahahahaha.​

Seriously, I need a workaround for these 403 errors or I´m gonna become the most annoying multi-poster ever, because I do have a tendency to forget stuff and wind up editing even short posts 15 -20 minutes after sending them, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus View Post
            Seriously, I need a workaround for these 403 errors . . .
            I don't think there is a "workaround." It's weird that other forums don't seem to have this problem, but this is still my favorite place on the web.

Comment

And almost more hilariously, the ESP still has the original DM (German Marks, the currency we used before the €uro was adopted, eychange rate 1.81 DM = 1€) Pricetag on teh butt end strap pin...... 4800DM... so, even in 2004 it cost more than twice what I paid for it, hahahahaha.​

Seriously, I need a workaround for these 403 errors or I´m gonna become the most annoying multi-poster ever, because I do have a tendency to forget stuff and wind up editing even short posts 15 -20 minutes after sending them, lol.
              This seems to be the way things are now, until they decide to upgrade the software.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Are you sure the last "upgrade" wasn't a downgrade?

Well, I think it's time for another "upgrade". The error messages and inability to edit posts is a real downer.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                  Are you sure the last "upgrade" wasn't a downgrade?

Well, I think it's time for another "upgrade". The error messages and inability to edit posts is a real downer.
                  No argument from me here. The last upgrade did fix a lot of the stuff on the backend, but the user experience suffered. I'd be the loudest voice in fixing the current issues.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Zerb!!! Good to see you, man. I love the look of that PRS. Not a huge fan of them myself but I do appreciate top craftsmanship.

Now, that ESP, yeah, I didn't even have to look at the pick or read further to see what you said it is. I just knew....LOL. So far, no large objects falling from the sky here so we're good. :-)

I hope you're doing well!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

No argument from me here. The last upgrade did fix a lot of the stuff on the backend, but the user experience suffered. I'd be the loudest voice in fixing the current issues.
                      ​I´ve found "a" workaround, a bit tedious, but it works as long as you´re still the last post in the thread... Edit, copy , delete poste, paste, repost.

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      Zerb!!! Good to see you, man. I love the look of that PRS. Not a huge fan of them myself but I do appreciate top craftsmanship.

Now, that ESP, yeah, I didn't even have to look at the pick or read further to see what you said it is. I just knew....LOL. So far, no large objects falling from the sky here so we're good. :-)

I hope you're doing well!
                      Could be better, but could be worse.... unemployed, in therapy for depression, PTSD, but still alive and kicking.

To be honest, the ESP is actually now my go to guitar for couch-noodling because the superthin neck practically forces you to use proper technique... but it´s never leaving the apartment again, the very first time I took it out it got a mini scratch (that I was able to buff out the next day) literally 2 seconds taking it out of the case, lol.

Comment

Welcome back and congratulations on your two scores.

Comment

Man, that PRS is HAWT.

Comment

Could be better, but could be worse.... unemployed, in therapy for depression, PTSD, but still alive and kicking.

To be honest, the ESP is actually now my go to guitar for couch-noodling because the superthin neck practically forces you to use proper technique... but it´s never leaving the apartment again, the very first time I took it out it got a mini scratch (that I was able to buff out the next day) literally 2 seconds taking it out of the case, lol.
                            Alive and kicking is a good thing. Will be praying for other things to improve for you.

If I had a guitar of that caliber, I would probably keep it at home too. The only thing I have that I close is my 1988 Kramer Baretta with Kline graphic but that thing wouldn't sell for near for those ESP KH's go for.

Comment

This guitar has to be older than 2004 because the Euro was adopted by Germany in 2002. So this is a 20+ year old guitar.

Comment

Working...
                              X