• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Tone metal
    TOOOONZ METALLLLL MOFO

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      ok super curious about the KolossI saw some bad reviews on it when it came out

I am curiious about the neck as well

is the Koloss neck as bad as was reported
      is the new neck an improvement

are the frets on the new neck aluminum as well

and mostly

does it do metal?
      Ahh the reviews, some of them were a little much I think but some of it had merit. I can't speak to the "carbon fiber " neck as mine came with a maple neck.
      I liked the guitar as it was, it is not for everyone that is for sure. The nut height was adjustable with two screws, however it floated and sometimes became annoying on string changes. The Aviator bridge is o.k, the saddles also float which meant that they could come out of the bridge if the string was gone. I broke a string and the saddle popped out on the floor. I just ran a piece of tape over the saddles to fix that until I swapped it out. I also found that one of the tubes the string ball end retracts into was sometimes a little fussy, I had to keep tension on the string when changing it.
      Overall I could live with that, even if I kept it as it was. I found there was zero issues with the maple neck and the bridge is for gentle bar use, not diving.

I ordered stainless frets on the new neck. I also ordered solid not chambered. I don't mind the extra weight.
      It metals fantastically.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        Looks awesome. If you're playing an outdoor summer gig, does the neck get super hot?
        I don't know. I would imagine it would heat up a bit.
        Come on Steve, we're Canadian, you should be asking about outdoor winter gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
          That's bad ass
          Thanks. My wife thinks it looks pretty cool. I do too.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            That looks way cool with the lumi neck on there. How does it play?
            It's early yet but I like it. I have never played an aluminium neck before. The polished aluminium is pretty slick so slides seem a little quicker well just moving around it seems quicker.. It definitely has it's own feel to it that's for sure but I found no problems.
            If I pick it up and play it I really don't notice much but if I play a wood neck first and then grab it, things are more noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
              Forget about the tone wood discussion, let's proceed to tone metals. Is a SS neck brighter than aluminum? Is steel duller or brighter than alu.? What about copper or brass necks? How much is difference in tone if the neck is from the first vs last casting of the day?
              Everybody knows that.......

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post

I don't know. I would imagine it would heat up a bit.
                Come on Steve, we're Canadian, you should be asking about outdoor winter gigs.
                Does your tongue get stuck to the neck in the cold? :P
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by PS412 View Post

TOOOONZ METALLLLL MOFO
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

I had an Applause Ovation knockoff
                    it had a aluminum fretboard
                    The frets were aluminum as well
                    They dinged up super quick

EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      I had an Applause Ovation knockoff
                      it had a aluminum fretboard
                      The frets were aluminum as well
                      They dinged up super quick
                      I could imagine. I don't mind the extra bucks for stainless.
                      I was at one point going to make an aluminium fret board for a beater guitar just to try it out but the idea faded away.
                      Maybe when I retire and have more puttering time.

Comment

There never seams to be "more puttering time". No matter what it always seams to get filled up.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Or maybe it just seams that way because time goes by so much faster.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                            There never seams to be "more puttering time". No matter what it always seams to get filled up.
                            This is true.

Comment

Working...
                            X