Push Pull Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push Pull Tele

I've got a Tele I'm building, and I have a push pull pot on hand and I would like to try out either an Out of Phase middle position, or neck and bridge in series. I'm leaning heavily towards OOP because I have plenty of big loud heavy sounding guitars, and I don't have many thin bright sounds.

What are y'alls thinking on this?

Have a push pull on my Tele but it is to split my my DiMarzio SD.

Comment

Both are usable sounds. Series is better if you play by yourself or dominate your bands sound, out of phase is better if you want to leave space for the rest of the band. Also if you find out of phase is too thin a sound, you can put a trim pot in there to dial out one of the pickups, giving a fuller sound. Series and out of phase at the same time is an option, as featured on the baja telecaster.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I like oop as an option.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I have an OOP Push pull and a 5 way switch which gives Series and plus cap as 2 extra settings. .This gives me OOP ,half OOP,series and OOP in series(an excellent option on a Tele).

Comment

I'd use two push-pulls and have out-of-phase with series together. That's the most useful OOP I've experienced.

Comment

If you're looking for thin and bright then go with OOP.

If you wanted to get both series and OOP like a couple others have mentioned, I'd lean towards a 4-way switch to take care of the series operation and use a single push/pull for the OOP.
              Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Working...
              X