banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highwood saddles? Callaham block and saddles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highwood saddles? Callaham block and saddles?

Anybody tried these? How are these? Are the good for adding a bit of zing or attack over block steel saddles?

Thoughts? Opinions? Review?

Thanks!

What are they, do you have a link?

Comment

Callaham are really hard steel supposedly extra mega bright:

We sell most of the parts used on our vintage Strat reproduction guitars. ie. Callaham Tremolo Blocks.

And Highwood are a different saddle design so that the adjustment screws don't stick on top and they have grooves for the strings, but are not as hard as Callaham, so they're warmer:

Highwood Strat saddles are strat- and telecaster saddles that don't hurt your hands, provides better sustain, quicker attack and S-type tone.

Comment

I put some Highwood saddles in a Mexi Strat a few years ago. Didn't notice any sound difference, but they were much more comfortable and felt more stable.

Comment

ive never tried the highwood, but ive heard good things. i have a callaham hard tail strat bridge and i would absolutely get one again. never had another bridge on that guitar so cant directly compare it tonally to anything

Comment

Man, the Highwood saddles rule! Stratiness for days without being flimsly, wobbly, and uncomfortable like the horrible stock Fender saddles.

Comment

did you get a set?

Comment

Highwood for my money
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  did you get a set?
                  Yes! I love them. They're definitely brighter and janglier than the cheapie block steel saddles (which for some reason were barely magnetic, so I suspect not the best steel ever) that I got off Amazon. And they're way sturdier, they fit tighter together, and are more ergonomic than the stock Fender bent steel saddles.

Comment

I've been a fan of Highwood ever since I first heard of them many years ago. Can't understand why Leo never came up with this 70 years ago
                    Originally Posted by IanBallard
                    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      Yes! I love them. They're definitely brighter and janglier than the cheapie block steel saddles (which for some reason were barely magnetic, so I suspect not the best steel ever) that I got off Amazon. And they're way sturdier, they fit tighter together, and are more ergonomic than the stock Fender bent steel saddles.
                      cheap **** off amazon is usually ****. the highland are a good design though

Comment

Honestly, I suspect that if I had tried these earlier, I wouldn't have needed to go through so many pickups on this guitar.

But now that it's got the Nazgul with these saddles, it sounds just the way I want it to.

Comment

Working...
                        X