New guitar! Charvel so cal hss fr m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar! Charvel so cal hss fr m

Wanted to have an HSS in my collection. After looking at many different guitars I decided to go with a 22 fret bolt on neck guitar with a floyd rose and maple neck. Ended up choosing a Charvel model because of their good reviews, their history of being some of the first makers of superstrats and the price.

The charvel has a sd distortion in the bridge and sd flat strat ssl 6 pickups in the neck and bridge.

I originally wanted to get a 24 fret guitar but then people's comments about the neck PU of a 24 strat sounding different from a 22 fret neck PU caused me to choose the 22 fret guitar.

This is my second Seymour Duncan equipped guitar! The first one is an ltd eclipse 87 fr that has a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck.

The charvel:

The ltd:

Last edited by T-800; 03-06-2024, 02:32 PM.

Nice! I love the neck on my Charvel. The SSL6s should be ballsy enough to hang with a high output pickup in the bridge.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Sounds like a great setup. Duncan Distortion can make a whole lot of music. The neck and middle are just a bonus.

Comment

Sweet rides - all in the goes-with-everthing basic black!

Distortion is probably my favorite Duncan pickup, along with the PG.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Charvel is doing it right these days.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Charvel is doing it right these days.
            Heard only good things about them, the price was right and they are one of the original super strat makers so it was a no brainer to choose a Charvel guitar for the super strat hss fr guitar I wanted for my collection

Comment

Congratulations!! I like that LTD too.

Comment

Working...
              X