What Neck Single Coil Fits Charvel Model 5FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Neck Single Coil Fits Charvel Model 5FX

Hello, does anyone know what passive neck single coils or rail type single coils fit the slant neck position of the Charvel Model 5FX?
    Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

id guess the ssl6 would fit

Comment

Is there something weird about the dimensions of that pickup, or is it just slanted?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Is there something weird about the dimensions of that pickup, or is it just slanted?
        I've been reading up online and someone said on those single coil routes, the pickup leads came out of the underside of the pickup and down a channel on the treble side. The channel was not drilled from the center of the single route and then into the humbucker route as on some makers' models.
        Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Oh, I see..it doesn't have a flange on the bottom. I know that any Duncan can be made like that through their Shop Floor Custom program. You can see what single coil pickups come stock without the flange (like all of the little humbuckers and the stacks) on the Strat pickups page.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            Oh, I see..it doesn't have a flange on the bottom. I know that any Duncan can be made like that through their Shop Floor Custom program. You can see what single coil pickups come stock without the flange (like all of the little humbuckers and the stacks) on the Strat pickups page.
            Thank you Mincer! The single-coil Custom Flat Strat (SSL-6) picture didn't show the flange on the bottom and caught my attention because in the description is says "For guitarists who prefer lighter strings or play guitars with flatter fretboards, the flat Alnico 5 rod magnets provide a nice even string balance, and really help to punch up the sound of light-gauge guitar strings without losing the sparkle that makes a Strat sound so unique." and my Charvel is setup right now with really light gauge strings on it; D'Addario EXL120 Nickel .009 to .042 set but the .042 is replaced with a .040

I also saw there was the SSL-1 Vintage Staggered Strat, Vintage Hot Stack Plus Strat, Custom Stack Plus (STK-S6).​

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              id guess the ssl6 would fit
              Is the Custom Stack Plus (STK-S6) the noiseless version of this pickup?

Comment

in essence, yes

Comment

If you are using it with a humbucker, I'd go for a stack, certainly. Keep all of the hum away.

Comment

Working...
                  X