Blue Trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Trem

Finally got off my arse and finished this one.

Mick Brierley has totally excelled himself with this set of Crossley spec pickups, the clarity is ****ing awesome.

www.crossleyguitars.com

Beautiful guitar. Looks comfortable to play. That neck almost looks like it wouldn't need a truss rod. Love the grain-matching backplates.

Comment

amazing, as always! you consistently create magnificent instruments, bravo sir

Comment

I particularly love that inlay.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks guys, I have slowed down a bit of late, probably only building 4 or 5 guitarsca year now, bth acoustic and electric.
          but hey..
          70 years old and still living the dream..
          hahaha..
          I promise to grow up one day.
          www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Crossley View Post
            Thanks guys, I have slowed down a bit of late, probably only building 4 or 5 guitarsca year now, bth acoustic and electric.
            but hey..
            hahaha..
            I hope you keep it up. You have a real gift. I was starting a guitar building business with a professional carpenter, then his “girlfriend” murdered him.
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post

I hope you keep it up. You have a real gift. I was starting a guitar building business with a professional carpenter, then his “girlfriend” murdered him.
              Whoa!!!!
              thats pretty intense..
              Fortunately my wife is a very forgiving and gentle soul, who saved my arse from the usual rock n roll problems..
              Otherwise I would have ended up in a gutter or a mental institution..
              Shes a good girl
              www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Whoa!!!!
                thats pretty intense..
                Fortunately my wife is a very forgiving and gentle soul, who saved my arse from the usual rock n roll problems..
                Otherwise I would have ended up in a gutter or a mental institution..
                Shes a good girl
                I have no doubt. She was no wife, they were only together for a few months. This guy had been alone for some time, had just recovered from throat cancer so didn’t have the heighest standards beyond not being alone and this putrid excuse for a person manipulated him, got with him for nothing more than his money and drugged his food and drinks with morphine.

I had a bad feeling when I couldn’t get ahold of him and she would rudely shoo me and other concerned friends away, claim he was sick without letting us see him. She did not get away with it. He was a good man. He took me out in his boat to scatter my Dad’s ashes and she took his life all for nothing. There’s news articles all about it.

That sumptuous looking guitar you’ve made there is the kind of thing I would love to have made with him. I am nowhere near ready to pull off something like that on my own.
                Last edited by El Dunco; 03-12-2024, 03:23 AM.
                The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post

I have no doubt. She was no wife, they were only together for a few months. This guy had been alone for some time, had just recovered from throat cancer so didn’t have the heighest standards beyond not being alone and this putrid excuse for a person manipulated him, got with him for nothing more than his money and drugged his food and drinks with morphine.

I had a bad feeling when I couldn’t get ahold of him and she would rudely shoo me and other concerned friends away, claim he was sick without letting us see him. She did not get away with it. He was a good man. He took me out in his boat to scatter my Dad’s ashes and she took his life all for nothing. There’s news articles all about it.

That sumptuous looking guitar you’ve made there is the kind of thing I would love to have made with him. I am nowhere near ready to pull off something like that on my own.
                  Keep at it mate, good things take practice..
                  www.crossleyguitars.com

Comment

Mm, great as always, those are surely the lapping waters of Lakes Entrance captured in the top!
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

but hey..
                      hahaha..
                      as a friend of mine sings... "if you never grow up, you never grow old"

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        I particularly love that inlay.
                        Yep, the whole guitar is nice but the inlays and back panels really scream out to me top notch.
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Beautiful. And I too, am amazed by the matching on those back panels. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Yep, the whole guitar is nice but the inlays and back panels really scream out to me top notch.
                            Yeah, I don't understand using screws at all on nice wood back panels like that. Magnets are where its at.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That is beautiful. I'd take that over a PRS anyday!

Comment

Working...
                              X