Metallica and priceless instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallica and priceless instruments

I was just reading up on how Jaco Pastorious's signature bass is sitting in a vault in CA under the ownership of Robert Trujillo of Metallica. Between that and Kirk Hammett's Greeny, you kind of wonder if Metallica has a thing for buying up the signature instruments of non-metal musicians. It's almost like they are collecting the infinity stones of rock history. Who knows maybe tomorrow we will found out Lars Ulrich has bought up Mitch Mitchel's drum set or something
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Lars is into priceless paintings like Va goes ect.
    They sold out long ago and band therapy was their downfall.
    So much for ruthless aggression.

Comment

I have never liked any of their guitars including but not limited to the Green turd.
      Not a P. Green fan either.

Comment

they are instruments and should be played. at least kirk plays the greeny sometimes, hope robert plays the bass of doom too

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Lars is into priceless paintings like Va goes ect.
          They sold out long ago and band therapy was their downfall.
          So much for ruthless aggression.
          His own paintings are pretty terrible. The kind of “folk art” where you can literally show a zoomed in photo of a stained art smok to the people paying these ridiculous prices and they’ll wax poetic about emotions that aren’t really there. Obviously it’s more about who he is than what he paints. It’s not surprising a lot of modern art is the easiest way for organised crime syndicates to launder money.
          The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Not a bad thing to buy to leave as an inheritance.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I don't know if the H-team has more non-metal player instruments, but I've read that they have quite big vintage collection both of them. I like that Kirk is playing the Greeny instead of sealing it in a climatized vault somewhere.

Comment

I think it is more along the lines that they have the money, and chose to purchase instruments of musicians that they look up to, and that may have influenced them as well.

Comment

I wish he would've dropped a set of his EMG's on Greeny, LOL. People would be going nuts over that.

Comment

Though it's mostly Kirk who's been in the news over Greeny and his other Gibsons, Hetfield has like five Bursts?

Certainly when they're recording, they use all sorts of stuff.
                    Originally posted by dominus
                    Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                      I think it is more along the lines that they have the money, and chose to purchase instruments of musicians that they look up to, and that may have influenced them as well.
                      Seriously, if any of us had that money, what would we be buying?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	m0drnvqv6qoc1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5dea3187865f420020b807bc4190216a7f5990ea.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	6274551

Comment

Didn't he buy greeny from Gary Moore's son? I see nothing wrong with that.

Comment

I was kind of resentful for Kirk buying it at first, seeing that he isn't exactly a guitarist of Gary's stature. What softened me to him was seeing him act like a seventeen year old fanboi when he met Michael Schenker for the first time. Unlike the other guys in the band, he still seems to genuinely love the guitar.

Comment

Bass of Doom

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                              X