WHAT IS YOUR EVERYDAY GO TO GUITAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS YOUR EVERYDAY GO TO GUITAR

Thought it might be interesting to know which guitars people are keeping around and plugged in and in regularly use, .

My ”go to” is a 2006 MIK Washburn Wi66PRO which permanently lives on wall hanger over the amp and is used daily, if only for a quick practice session unplugged.

What I like about this guitar, other than obviously the sound is the very playable and comfortable fret board; It was always very good but even better after a custom shop standard fret job around 3 years ago. Also the weight for me at under 8 pounds is very comfortable. Another plus for this guitar has been an amazing rock solid tuning stability from the stock Grover tuners.

The stock Seymour Duncan pick ups ,a Custom Custom in the bridge and a 59 in the neck work well for all styles of music.

The guitar comes stock with no tone controls but a VCC system where double concentric pots give a variable series to parallel option. . Most owners I suspect ditch this in favor of more conventional wiring with tone controls. I have fitted 4 CTS 500k push pulls. The 2 vol pots put the pups in parallel, The neck tone is wired to give Arties col swap...with parallel also engaged I can get slug coil of one pup in parallel with the screw coil of the other; very usable. The bridge tone gives combined series and OOP an option I am fond of. It also acts as a kill switch when bridge pup is selected

This guitar also has something called the Buzz Feiten tuning system which I believe involves a shortened distance between nut and the first fret. I usually tune at the 5th fret.

Having no good pic handy of my guitar which does it justice have taken the liberty of showing some pics of a visually identical one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	YWASHBURN13466201__11977.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	6274614

Name:	YWASHBURN13466210__85789.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	6274615

I reach for my Charvel So Cal most of the time. Love the sound, comfortable feeling neck.

Name:	52003410534_4b427931a6_c.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	6274618
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

It was this one for over 20 years - a Gibson Gothic Explorer with a Graphtech bridge and black Tusq nut, currently sporting a BKP Rebel Yell. Still my favorite 6 string by far. The frets are a bit worn and could use a nice level. For many years it was my only electric. Dragged this through hell. I now have a couple guitars that play nicer in the upper registers but in terms of tone and overall comfort this one is still king. It's currently in drop B for a recording project.

Name:	20221228-114040.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	6274623

Now it's this 7 string Gibson LP Classic. I started playing 7s a couple years ago and now I have a bunch of stuff that can't be played on 6. I picked this guitar up last summer and I've barely touched any of my other electrics since I got it. I bypassed the electronics and currently have a BKP ceramic Warpig in the bridge. It feels a bit heavy after a few hours but that's ok. This thing is an absolute joy to play.

Name:	20240303-134614.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6274624
      Take it to the limit
      Everybody to the limit
      Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

My 1994 reissued Iceman, hands down my fave guitar.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

whichever one is closest with all six strings on it. at the moment that would be a squier std strat or a custom made telegib type thing

Comment

Atm, it's a completely modded Squier CE Strat.

Comment

I usually rotate through guitars. What's the point of having more than 1 guitar if you only use 1? I've got an MIM Strat that is near as makes no difference to stock that is usually my go to if I'm just hanging around and jamming. Other than that, I play a guitar based on the project I am on
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                whichever one is closest with all six strings on it.
                That is me, as well. Right now the B.C. Rich is next to me because I had to bring it home to adjust the tremolo. The black Iceman is on the other side of me. But both will be back at the practice space on Saturday, maybe sooner.

I will say the guitar in the house that is most constant is my black Tele in the basement. Super fast neck and the guitar is a tone machine, I can pull anything out of it. I actually have the green tele down there right now also. If I can not find a sound I can use between those four pickups (Hot Rails/TV Jones Classic +, Super Distortion/Pearly Gates)I may as well give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  I usually rotate through guitars. What's the point of having more than 1 guitar if you only use 1?
                  Alternate tunings, backups, and special purpose guitars like my sustainer, baritone, and archtop that aren't main players but get used if I want the sound on a recording.
                  Take it to the limit
                  Everybody to the limit
                  Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Name:	20240319_121142.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	6274643
                    Excuse the mess, I have been playing with pedal order and am getting a pedalboard soon to organize.

Fender 2018 duo Sonic hs, with a custom custom bridge hb. Coil split on the bridge available and used very often.

The custom custom split is really good. I've thought about replacing the humbucker before to get more modern sounds but I actually like it this way.

I love the color. I love the shorter scale length.

The previous owner put locking tuners and the custom custom in there. The locking tuners are easy to change strings on, I really like em.

I keep 9s on it or sometimes 10s if I'm playing often.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Seashore View Post

Alternate tunings, backups, and special purpose guitars like my sustainer, baritone, and archtop that aren't main players but get used if I want the sound on a recording.
                        Yeah, I've got probably about a dozen stringed electric instruments with minimal redundancy right now. Hot A2 Wolfgang for classic rock and hair metal sounds, A2 PAF Les Paul for bluesier stuff, Drop D Super Strat, 4 string bass, 5 string bass, 5 string fretless bass, steel strung acoustic, nylon strung classical, Tele strung with 12s, Nashville tuning Tele, ES-175 strung with 10s and a wound G, Short scale mustang strung with 9s and deathbuckers, now I am eying an acoustic 12 string, Strat Squier that lives in the trunk of my car, ukulele that lives in the trunk of my car...

you get the idea. I can appreciate the "need" for many guitars, provided you actually have a use for them. Having a dozen stringed instruments can present itself in many different ways
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I have one of 3 or 4 guitars out at any given time. Those are the ones that I use onstage. I am not super picky. Whichever one I am physically closest to is the one I will play.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Name:	432734261_10161720072155746_877258731813420444_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=dy3JdfNB9QUAX-g4c76&_nc_oc=AdjFXBapSycwuufff8KcCYuDt5UMYMnQcrAQvzw3eBw4sALEkSJzzLcyBtmwik3FqZhBsJ1GKMAw_RPyVDQ3eP1J&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1
Views:	209
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	6274665

I'm down to two guitars only, so it's these two. I'd say 55% of the time, it would be the Gibson, though.

Comment

My main live guitar is beyond any doubt a les paul standard with PG/C8. But when I was at home or rehearsing with the band I always reach out to my ibanez az224f

Comment

Working...
                              X