NGD seeing Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD seeing Green

Made an offer on this guitar the other evening on EBAY, and it was accepted.
    listed as used, but still in the Jackson box with plastic coverings on everything and the trem arm, etc, still in sealed plastic.
    Got it for $435
    Jackson Soloist SLX DX in Manalishi Green
    Neck through body with maple neck and poplar body.
    Duncan Designed HB103 set and Floyd Rose Special.

Guessing the green is lower demand, because MSRP even on Jackson's site is 700 for the other colors and 550 for green, but I really dig the green.

I've been wanting a Floyd equipped guitar with good fret access, and I've always loved the soloist.
    I'd rather have 22 frets, but the 24 isnt a deal breaker for me. Mainly going to use it for 80s-90s metal/thrash
    Messed with it a little this evening. After adjusting the pickups they sound really good. Seem to have nice harmonics and good definition. Can't wait to spend some more time with them.

Setup is decent from the factory, a little high but not bad, and the trem doesn't sit perfectly level.

Fretwork is pretty dang good for an Indonesian guitar. I'm very pleased with the neck and the frets. As a predominant Les Paul player, it's odd to have that 22d fret so easily accessible lol

Haven't really had a chance to mess with the floyd much. Seemed to stay in tune with a few uses, but we'll see how it goes with that.

Overall it seems like a really solid guitar for the price.
    I'll probably upgrade some things down the road, but for now I'm just gonna play it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1216478842.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	6276503

Name:	20240409_211807.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	6276505

Name:	Snapchat-668337006.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	6276502

Name:	20240409_211459.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	6276507

Name:	20240409_211436.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	6276506

Name:	20240409_211411.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	6276504
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Really nice guitar! I have the HSS version in a natural color. Enjoy man! You got a better score than I got, by a couple hundred less.

Comment

Looks killer! Love me some greenies, it's a shame it's so seldom offered.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      1973 Aria 551
      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

looks great and seems like a good deal! enjoy

Comment

Dude - neck through in Absynthe frost (green) for 4 bills? MUCH win.

The pickups remind me a lot of Distortions. I like'm.
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Love that color.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

In almost 30 years of playing I have never tried a Jackson. I think it's time to get one

Comment

I love this guitar, but I decided to swap out the bridge HB103 for an actual TB6 Distortion. I liked the HB103 but I couldn't get it quite where I wanted it. I have a Distortion in another guitar and the harmonics are a little better and it's a little tighter. Got a good deal on a TB6 and decided to go for it.
                I swapped it out this afternoon and it's killer, exactly what I wanted it to be.
                The neck HB103 is awesome though, I love the way it sounds.

Name:	20240518_174519.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	6280173

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the guitar had full size Alpha pots. Was expecting no name mini pots.

Name:	Snapchat-1685974694.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	6280172
                "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

what a great neck joint!
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    what a great neck joint!
                    I thought so too. Is that neck through or set?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

sure looks neck thru to me, but???

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I thought so too. Is that neck through or set?
                        Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                        sure looks neck thru to me, but???

Yep, Maple neck through with a poplar body

Comment

Is that the factory solder job on the vol pot?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                            Is that the factory solder job on the vol pot?
                            It is, pic was before I did anything. Kind of a big ole glob of it up there.
                            I cleaned it up a bit and flowed the solder out some when I replaced the bridge pickup.

The soldering is one thing that wasn't really up to par. The neck pickup lead was barely hanging on to the switch and came off when I bumped it.

Comment

Must have been a new trainee at the Jackson factory. Hopefully he'll learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X