Give me something to learn on a nylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me something to learn on a nylon

I'm a little bit in my Latin classical guitar era, specifically rumba and solearis. Any one know of any good songs to learn? I've mostly been applying flamenco techniques to old country songs, but I'd be interested in learning something that's closer to a standard, but still fun to play
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Has to be Latin? All I know are Bach Lute suites, baroque and classical pieces.

Comment

It doesn't have to be, but Latin is closest to the style of music I enjoy playing on electric and steel strung acoustic. Mostly interested in stuff that's more pattern based and less memorizing lines
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Corcovado is one of the most popular latin standards. It sounds good on nylon, it's nice, and the melody is easy.

With the words:

The music:

The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I learned Phantom of the Opera on a nylon string.

Comment

Corcovado, Besame Mucho, One Note Samba, Girl from Ipanema are ubiquitous.

Comment

This guy is one of my favorites and easy to follow. He has much easier stuff but here he is.

Comment

This is pretty approachable..

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                  Corcovado is one of the most popular latin standards. It sounds good on nylon, it's nice, and the melody is easy.
                  That "Corcovado" was sweet. You can't listen to Vai, Satch, and Paul all the time.

Comment

Here is another that is actually not too bad to learn:

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X