banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

opinions are welcome: what solid color for this body ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions are welcome: what solid color for this body ?

some ago I bought this used 3 colors body, it was cheap becaise the owner made some mess with the neck holes and the paint, actually it sanded it making it flat.

I restored the holes, made some wood work on the back, found a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard , my idea is a HSS setup with a vintage trem.

Question, since this sunburst is not beautiful as it looks in the picture, there is a nasty nuance I don't like at all, I thought I could spray over it with a solid color....

Opinions on body color and pickguard color are welcome, thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240401_123529.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	6278553

- All black: body, pickguard, hardware, everything.
    - Gold hardware, yellow body, white pickguard & pickups, but this looks better combined with a maple fretboard.
    - Chrome hardware, red body, white pickguard and pickups. Never had a red guitar, I'd go with this :-)
    Last edited by AdrianSD; 05-02-2024, 01:28 AM.

Comment

I like the all black idea, but make it flat black, and with some texture to it. Sort of like the bowls on Ovation guitars.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Make it look like David Gilmour's Black Strat except have the bridge humbucker be zebra
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Make it look like David Gilmour's Black Strat except have the bridge humbucker be zebra
          I'd like the idea since I have a zebra HB around, but the fingerboard will be rosewwod, to much black I think, the gilmour strat has at least some clear maple neck, but I count a vote for black.

There would be some metalized color too they could be interesting, I've seen in the shop a metallic bronze, I don't remember I've ever seen a bronze guitar for example

Comment

Black or leave it

Comment

Neon pink body with a black pickguard!
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

i like black with a bit of blue sparkle mixed in, bwb guard, and chrome hardware.

Comment

Sticker bomb would be fun too.
                  Take it to the limit
                  Everybody to the limit
                  Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Purple

Love me some violet
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                    X