Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richie has a new Explorer

And I really like it a lot!

I'd post a photo, but apparently I'm no longer allowed to do so.
    Last edited by ICTGoober; 05-10-2024, 08:59 AM.
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I love everything about it HH (I would swap the EMGs for Black Winterrs), Flyod (I would eventually swap out for a Sophia) but the pickguard is a nonstarter for me. I think it is horrific.

Comment

I like the color, and I like the contrast of the color and the pickguard. I think I might like it better if the white was paint, though.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I think the pickguard is cool too. Kinda reminds me of an 80s ladies swimsuit.
        Take it to the limit
        Everybody to the limit
        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I like it. Looks like a cross between a St Vincent sig and the Melody Maker Explorer with the full guard.

Comment

You get a different color guard and spice it up....Kind of cool and retro.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Guess they just traced this out for the pickguard..saves on R&D...

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

EXPLORERS RULE!
                https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I like the pickguard but the execution is kind of lacking. Contour it better on the bass side horn to match the contour of the wood better. And maybe don't end it a very sharp point towards the bridge.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
                    EXPLORERS RULE!

I just think Gibson is at it's best when they're not being "innovative"

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

In 1958 that was considered innovative.
                      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

I agree 100%
                        https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

I honestly think it's dope. I don't like floyds, but I like the 50's car look.
                          Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                            In 1958 that was considered innovative.
                            Fair enough. I guess I meant when they were'nt being innovative these days/anymore..

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Thing is, they are just not very good at innovation. Or at least they don't hire the right people to innovate.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X