Floyd Rose availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose availability

I've been waiting for an FRT200 for months! I mean, they aren't even available at Floydrose.com. So, I've been looking for something else.

I have a Baretta Special in which I installed a Gotoh 1996T, and I do like it, but the angled bend where the fine tuners are is an issue with a D-tuner. So I've wondered if anyone has used or can give an honest review of the Guitar Fetish floyds. They have two different models.

1. Fastloader
    2. Super Heavy Duty Floyd Rose trem- BRASS & STEEL

Haven't tried the Guitar Fetish but I have a Sophia which is a drop in replacement for a FR I like a lot more than any FR

Comment

Guitar Fetish is not a brand I would really trust a Floyd Rose from. I mostly use GFS for parts where either the quality doesn't matter, or I'm willing to put the work into the product to suit my needs. The factory tolerances at GFS is not what I'd want for a finicky object like a Floyd Rose, and the metal they use will likely wear decently fast.

If you are going to buy a cheap FR copy, go for one of the $20 ones on Amazon. I'd trust that as much as a GFS one, and it's cheaper.
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
        Guitar Fetish is not a brand I would really trust a Floyd Rose from. I mostly use GFS for parts where either the quality doesn't matter, or I'm willing to put the work into the product to suit my needs. The factory tolerances at GFS is not what I'd want for a finicky object like a Floyd Rose, and the metal they use will likely wear decently fast.

If you are going to buy a cheap FR copy, go for one of the $20 ones on Amazon. I'd trust that as much as a GFS one, and it's cheaper.

I've purchased an XGP telecaster body and neck from them which I found to be of good quality, and many items that fall into your insignificant category. I tend to agree with you, for the most part. I even bought a couple of pickups to try and retired them very quickly.

I guess it's down to that adage: you get what you pay for, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          Haven't tried the Guitar Fetish but I have a Sophia which is a drop in replacement for a FR I like a lot more than any FR

https://sophiatremolos.com/
          I've been looking at that for a while now. If it wasn't so ugly, I might even buy that overpriced trinket.

Comment

I bought my last floyd from warmoth. Seems like they always have them in stock. The frt200 is the Original model in black, right? Looks like they have them right now

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
              I bought my last floyd from warmoth. Seems like they always have them in stock. The frt200 is the Original model in black, right? Looks like they have them right now
              Thank you so much for the tip! I just purchased the FRT200! And yes, the FRT200 is black.

Comment

Working...
              X