Help Identify Strat Body, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identify Strat Body, please

Can anyone determine if this is a Fender MIM, MIA or non-Fender body from these markings and absence of index holes?

Thanks in advance
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tlyjtfdmamtms5u3clga.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	6281858Click image for larger version

Name:	a9qimmoeocmvczcjhcla.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	6281859
    Attached Files

MIM are HSH routed. The tell tale signs of MIA aren't visible in the photos. The arm and belly curve and the upper cutaway hint at what model it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      MIM are HSH routed. The tell tale signs of MIA aren't visible in the photos. The arm and belly curve and the upper cutaway hint at what model it might be.
      Thanks! Do these offer any more info? (not the orig neck and perhaps hardware)

Name:	tfapcvru4fc8wwciyqqe.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	6281868

Name:	gyvctyooy6zxyik0uvz4.jpg
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	6281869

Name:	p5qsa51yabc3nhv6crus.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	6281870

Name:	ymgyi4dmlus2g5hpmsur.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	6281871

Comment

That is a pretty interesting color, though.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          That is a pretty interesting color, though.
          And probably the best way to identify it at this point.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

And probably the best way to identify it at this point.
              It is believed to be surf green, and as best I can see from the pics is not the more recent satin or pearl finish. The stamp on the neck pocket indicates 2014 and appears to have factory markings. beaubrummels added above that the pickup routing is not correct for MIM.

Comment

This looks to be a Players Series Strat from the given link. Would have to check someplace like Stratosphere for parted out Player Series Strat bodies to compare. They may be made in Mexico but I don’t think they have the same routes as the prior MIM Standard series. What’s the serial number on the neck?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                  This looks to be a Players Series Strat from the given link. Would have to check someplace like Stratosphere for parted out Player Series Strat bodies to compare. They may be made in Mexico but I don’t think they have the same routes as the prior MIM Standard series. What’s the serial number on the neck?
                  The neck is a year earlier serial #. Pickguard / pups are 100% aftermarket (GFS). I don't think Player series was around in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by AniML View Post

The neck is a year earlier serial #. Pickguard / pups are 100% aftermarket (GFS). I don't think Player series was around in 2014
                    No, it was not. Maybe an Allparts body then? How does it play/sound?

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post

No, it was not. Maybe an Allparts body then? How does it play/sound?
                      No idea.. it is not local to me. I am trying to identify for possible purchase.

Comment

Maybe get the neck pocket specs and search them.

Comment

It could be some special HSS MIM run. The cut is very much like my '62 RI, but the import pickguard and backplate are throwing me off. The arm contour goes a little past the end pin - I don't recall any of my Fenders being like that, but I can't get to them right now to compare.

Comment

I noticed the arm contour thing too. That combined with the wonkiness of the bridge pickup route not lining up with the bridge, I think it might not be a Fender.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              My MIM 2006 Strat (or 2008 don't remember) is HSS. But it has a 3/4" hole under the pickguard on the lower boot and the humbucker rooting is not the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X