No announcement yet.

Dammm! This is hot!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think $800 is the current bid, not what it will go for when it closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
      The Dean Colt is a great budget option of the ES137 and some of them come with piezos. There are also some 12 strings floating around out there.

Like my Dean Shire
      it has a piezo bridge

Or some older models did
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I like it, but I really wished they'd offer the Kluson-style tuners with different color tuner tips. Green was totally not the right choice there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          I like it, but I really wished they'd offer the Kluson-style tuners with different color tuner tips. Green was totally not the right choice there.
          For some reason, they stick with those no matter what color the guitar is.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

For some reason, they stick with those no matter what color the guitar is.
            They've used black tips in the past. Just not anymore. And Gotoh does offer black buttons as well.

They just decided to use green for whatever reason here.

Comment

Easy and cheap to change: https://www.solomusicgear.com/produc...-head-buttons/

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
                Those don't fit Kluson-style tuners. Just Grover.

Plus they're metal. Part of the appeal of Kluson-style tuners is they're lightweight.
                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-19-2024, 04:36 PM.

Comment

I bought some for my old Ibanez and they fit perfectly.

Comment

Plus they're metal. Part of the appeal of Kluson-style tuners is they're lightweight.
                    meh
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I bought some for my old Ibanez and they fit perfectly.
                      With Kluson-style tuners?

I meant they fit Grover-style, not Grover exclusively. I mean those sealed tuners with the screw-on button. Not the push-in type like Klusons.

Click image for larger version

Name:	519MkcT7rNL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	6283557

They wouldn't fit these because there is no way to screw those in.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

meh
                        IMO, it can make a difference with unbalanced guitars. Especially SG's.

But for the most part, yeah. Meh. I agree.

Except that guitar would look killer with gold tuners with black buttons:

Click image for larger version  Name:	guitar-head-machine-schaller-gibson-serie-keystone-sr-1921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	6283559
                        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-20-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

IMO, it can make a difference with unbalanced guitars. Especially SG's.

But for the most part, yeah. Meh. I agree.

Except that guitar would look killer with gold tuners with black buttons:

Click image for larger version Name:	guitar-head-machine-schaller-gibson-serie-keystone-sr-1921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.8 KB ID:	6283559
                          ESPECIALLY that guitar
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

With Kluson-style tuners?

I meant they fit Grover-style, not Grover exclusively. I mean those sealed tuners with the screw-on button. Not the push-in type like Klusons.

They wouldn't fit these because there is no way to screw those in.
                            I meant, keep the current tuners but just change the buttons to Kluson-style. Why change tuners just for the look if they are working? Just change the buttons to your liking.
                            We are not talking about big tuners for 5-string bass at the end of a 34" scale neck, there's not that much weight to save from the tuners on a guitar IMHO.

Comment

I meant, keep the current tuners but just change the buttons to Kluson-style. Why change tuners just for the look if they are working? Just change the buttons to your liking.
                              We are not talking about big tuners for 5-string bass at the end of a 34" scale neck, there's not that much weight to save from the tuners on a guitar IMHO.
                              ?

I don't think I'm understanding you. The tuners on that guitar are already Kluson-style. They're just ugly green, and changing buttons on Kluson-style tuners isn't as easy as just screwing and unscrewing them in.

Or do you mean on my guitars?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bqoq2asmfdvtukha8juk.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	6283612
                              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-20-2024, 07:01 PM.

Comment

?

I don't think I'm understanding you. The tuners on that guitar are already Kluson-style. They're just ugly green, and changing buttons on Kluson-style tuners isn't as easy as just screwing and unscrewing them in.
                                Ah, I missed that part, sorry!

Comment

Working...
                                X