NGD (Finally!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

I have ADHD...so it's probably the 'dopamine hit' new guitar's come with that drives the craze
    Yeah, for sure. I get it even without ADHD.

Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Cheers to that...

It's all about the thrills

Which brings me to Neoclassical outing # 2

Settings are all the same , just a different tune...

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

And now going the other way....

Slow Blues w/ my Vox Night Train 50W head -> Laney Eminence 2x12 cab

It's with the Tone Zone & True Velvet pups (bridge-middle pup notch position) selected...

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I could get seven of these Gio 's for the price of one S1070...

Not too shabby.. considering

Youtube

Comment

Shorter clip w/ my Laney Ironheart 120 head + Bugera 4x12->SM57 (off-axis cuz there were a bunch of my guitars on stands in front of the cab so I just shoved the mic in front diagonally through a gap from one side )

Anyway...still sounds killer

Youtube

Comment

Well I spentthe early hours this morning re-arranging amps on top of cabs.

So now I have the Laney Ironheart on top of the two Laney 2x12's & the Bugera 333XL back where it belongs atop it's own 4x12. Orange Super Crush & Randall T2 are on the Peavey 6505 4x12, Laboga the Beast 30 Plus & AMT Stonehead atop my Laney camo 4x12 & so on..

Little test w/ my GSA GIO & the Ironheart 120..

I will probably pop the Randall on top of the Ironheart at some stage so they both close by for mic'ing/recording..

I'm also still on the fence about getting an Ironheart 60. I mean, I don't really need one . ..but they are about $150-200 cheaper than they used to be ....I guess being blown out before The new BCC (UK) models arrive..

Youtube

Comment

How does one walk from room to room with 50 guitars?
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

.....w/ pride and joy

....and make that 51 (incoming used/like new NGD)

Sneak Peek:

What can I say? ...it was a hell of a deal.

Anyway....more fun w/ the Ironheart

Neck/middle notch..

Just the Air Norton neck in a speedier non-ballady context...

Youtube

Comment

Another one? How good was that deal?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It was excellent considering the condition of the guitar which looks pretty much untouched (and a 2014 model...so 10 years old).

The guy said his brother bought it and then left the country to study abroad so it's been lying in it's case ever since. No rusty screws/oxidization of the metal parts/pup's ...nothing. After checking out the pics/video he sent me (him playing the Hotel California solo w/ some gnarly tone!) I totally believe him ..looks like It's spanking new... frozen in time

It was less than half the price of the only one I could find on Reverb and that one's listed as "used w/ light oxidation of hardware & replaced knobs"

Youtube

Comment

Oh what the hell, it's ^^ obviously another Sabre. It's not like I'm building up any suspense/anticipation here

Kramersteen & I are the only ones who know the true fire & magic that Sabre's possess on the forum

This one's a S5470Q RBB Japanese Prestige that's from 2014...

Can't find a YT demo of the same finish (Royal Brown Burst) that is'nt in Spanish/Portuguese for some reason

So here's the 2014 successor ..the S5570Q RBB,which is exactly the same axe w/ a Lo-pro replacing the discontinued ZR2 tremolo (apparently Ibanez chose to discontinue the ZR rather than pay the copyright holder royaltes following a lawsuit they lost ). Too bad cuz I love that bridge and have it on three (now four) guitars ..all Sabre's

Demo'd by my fave YT / Ibanez player / reviewer Lee Wrathe, who favours Sabre's & Laney Ironheart's (what he's playing in this demo & most other one's) like your's truly. The man has great taste in gear ( not to mention ungodly chops!)

In fact he seems to be working with Laney now doing all the BCC Ironheart (UK made) demo's and stuff..

Anyway ..same axe different bridge..

And same axe different finish (in Portuguese...playing @ 2:30)

I'm thrilled cuz these are pretty rare/hard to find & I got mine in mint condition for a very pleasing price...so I was very lucky.

I had already just had a deal w/ a used guitar go south (the money was paid but the deal did'nt go through...cuz the axe had been sold just before) and it it was all for the best as it turned out cuz this was a way better deal & guitar

In fact it was the blue balls that ^^ failed deal caused that made me end up with the S1070PBZ Premium in the OP )

And then I used my refund/credit from the store to buy this latest one..​

Youtube

Comment

Some more noodling..

Youtube

Comment

And here's what set the ball rolling

It turned up two months ago in a local online music store's 'used' section. A month old and about $150 off the price of a new one (and the new one's are in stock anywhere anyway)...

I'd been GAS'ing for it for a while.. a modern take on a Sabre with fanned frets. Even played one at a store, though I thought it looked even blingier in person & could'nt see myself ever gigging it/rocking it on stage (cuz I'm old haha). 52 next month though I have youthful genes and been told i don't look anywhere near it

But yeah, in the end I thought that since I've stopped gigging and only sit around noodling at home ...why the hell not?

So I pulled the trigger.... but someone else had beaten me to it...

and I was left hanging..

But then fate intervened.

The rest is history

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                            X