banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with a Route 66 American Overdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with a Route 66 American Overdrive?

Anyone have one or try one out? You thoughts good or bad?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Anyone familiar with a Route 66 American Overdrive?

It's a great pedal, but a bit noisy, IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I use one. It is a great pedal. Youhave to be careful if you use the compressor and OD sides together as it can get noisy as mrid says. Otherwise it's got some really nice sounds.

There's a new version out, or out soon (I'm not sure which) that has some improvements in the OD section and a tone control defeat on the comp side. I'd love to get hold of one of those.

Comment

Thanks guys! So ALF are you saying that it just has usable similar tones or something unique to add to the mix?
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Not quite sure what you mean, but it has some tones of its own, I believe. The bass boost switch on the OD side really helps in some situations. Being able to run the compressor and OD together yields some great sounds as well. Plus, I frequntly run the compressor alone with the Sustain way down and the gain hgih and it works as a nice clean boost.

Comment

alf has some clips up in the tips/clips section....check em out. pedal sounds killer,....
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I like the Route 66 a lot FWIW - the bass boost is cool. Have to echo the noise warnings about the compressor side of the pedal though - it seems real touchy in terms of its power supply.

Chip
              Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
              Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
              Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
              SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
              SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
              "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Rev donzo uses one extensively. AS with all Visual Sounds pedals, you really need to use one of their One Spot power adapters to kill the noise.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                X