Mono @ 16 ohm vs. Stereo @ 8 ohm in a 2x12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mono @ 16 ohm vs. Stereo @ 8 ohm in a 2x12

There aren't any stereo effects on the amp so... what is the difference in sound?
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Re: Mono @ 16 ohm vs. Stereo @ 8 ohm in a 2x12

There effectively won't be one. Obviously if you set the cab to stereo and plug into one jack, you'd only be using one speaker. However if you set the cab to stereo and use two speaker cables your amp would see a 4 ohm load. This would be louder than running at 16 ohms and would produce slightly different frequency response as you would be using different windings on your output transformer.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
    X