just changed my mind about ibanez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just changed my mind about ibanez

so i was at guitar center and i thought i would try out an ibanez s series. and to my suprise i actually liked it. i usually despise ibanez. i dont like the rg seriese but the s series i think it great. the neck is a little flat but it like it better for fast playing. i think i am going to buy it and have it as my shredding lunatic guitar. after pickup changes of course.
    Down at the edge, close by a river.
    Close to the edge, round by the corner.
    Close to the end, down by the corner.
    Down at the edge, round by the river.

Re: just changed my mind about ibanez

I liked the S470 in the store myself....then I got it home & changed the string guage & I never got it to play right again.

Stop tails for me!!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
      I liked the S470 in the store myself....then I got it home & changed the string guage & I never got it to play right again.

Stop tails for me!!!!
      yeah i usually only play stoptails. or at least i never use the wammy bar.

Comment

i dont know ive never really eveer been impressed by any ibanez guitars ive played. Ive played afew not sure what models but i was not really feeling it. But if you found something you like go for it! The one plus side of ibanez is that they are relatively cheaper than alot of guitars.
        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Those are ok and the top of the line rg series are nice.

Comment

Setup right, and with the right pickups, every guitar that got bashed in the 'guitar bashing' thread can play and sound good enough for even Yes-Fan. LOL

Even though every single company got bashed, I could pick up any of them and enjoy them.....well, except for the Gibson Corvus, Danno Longhorn, and Gorky Park Kramer. Ha Ha.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

All it took to make my Ibanez a great guitar was a pickup swap, all new electronics, sperzel tuners, and a wilkinson bridge.
              Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                Setup right, and with the right pickups, every guitar that got bashed in the 'guitar bashing' thread can play and sound good enough for even Yes-Fan. LOL
                lol what is that supposed to mean?

Comment

friends, hope the S-series mentioned here are the current ZR whammy equipped version, not the TRS equipped version. i'd advice you to steer well clear of the TRS whammy for reliability/ functionality related issues.
                  Psychic Horns

Comment

Working...
                  X