New suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New suggestions

First of all I want to know what the difference in tone is between a combo and a stack. I currently am just a at home guy. But even there I find my Deville 212 doesn't hold up for my multiple distortion mood swings. I really don't need any extra wattage (I can't overdrive my amp without having my ears ring for hours......BAD!) So far I want to do some blues/rock smooth drive and Satriani and Vai stuff and then get some of that fender blackface clean. I've heard nothing but praises on that Peavey XXX, a marshall tsl might do well also. PLease help!
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Re: New suggestions

I whole heartidly suggest a Marshall JCM900 50 watt with a 2X12 cab or a 4X12. The JCM900 is a killer amp and the 50 watt will cut output down drastically, so you won't get deafened by the loudness and the 2X12 may offer less volume, as well. I use a 100watt and a 4X12 since I've been playing larger venues with a guitar recently, so, I really want to fill out the room.
    But a clean tone is really tough for me to find, that's why I settled on the AC-30. I tried about 30 differant amps before I settled on the AC-30, to me the marshall's clean is very sterile and still screams too much for me. If you want fender Black Face tone, get a black face (unless you're deville is black face, I'm an english amp guy, not american)
    Last edited by Indie P Bass; 05-29-2004, 01:41 PM.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Working...
    X