Replaced the valves in my mesa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced the valves in my mesa!

Well finally got round to replacing the valves in my mesa, and i noticed an improvement in the distortion straight away. But its harder to notice change with the clean which was already great without some sort of A/B arrangement but its in the same amp so thats impossible anyway. But it sounds very very nice

I have to wait to get someone to bias my ENGL or i need to buy a bias probe, because while the mesa has a fixed bias the ENGL doesnt, so ill have to wait a bit to do that one.
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Replaced the valves in my mesa!

i just put new power tubes in mine yesterday...right off the bat, i noticed a huge improvement. i was surprised, in a good way
    gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
    '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
    mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
    marshall 1960A 4x12
    and a few pedals

Comment

What kind of tubes did you put in? Which Mesa? Inquiring minds want to know...
      "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

Its a mesa .50 caliber + 112 combo, with a black shadow speaker, and i put two JJ 6L6GC's in the power section and JJ ECC83S's in the preamp, with a JJ ECC81 for the reverb.
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
        X