banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 users (and adobe audtion users too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Edit Pro 2.0 users (and adobe audtion users too)

i just updared from cool edit pro 2.0 to adobe audition and as far as i can tell these software packages are the same exact thing.. maybe it seems a little faster but all in all its the same exact lay out as cool edit and same effects and everything.. just a fair warning to those wanting to upgrade from cool edit to adobe

Re: Cool Edit Pro 2.0 users (and adobe audtion users too)

Hi McLaughysSN; I'm an Audition/Cool Edit user also. I'm pretty sure that Adobe makes it clear that its the exact same software. They just bought the company.

Just curious, how much did you pay to "upgrade"?

BTW - A group of the old Syntrillium folks have resurrected the old Syntrillium forum:

http://www.audiomastersforum.org/amforum/index.php

Its better than the Adobe forum IMHO.

Comment

i got adobe off a buddies computer

i originally paid $250 for cool edit.. ill check out the forum, thanks!

Comment

Thats not too bad then. If you paid for CEP, you're not "stealing" Audition, since Audition is just a rebranded CEP.

I got a pretty good deal myself. I bought Cool Edit 2000, (not the Pro), stereo only version for $69. BTW - its a shame that Adobe has chosen not to continue to distribute the entry-level version. Anyway, I then took advantage of Adobe's introductory offer to upgrade to Audition for $99. The cool thing is, (no pun intended), Audition didn't remove the CE 2000 software. They both peacefully co-exist with each other, so I have CE2000 for simple stereo editing, and the full-blown, 128-track Audition for more serious projects.

I think its killer software all the way around. Lets just hope that Adobe doesn't "muck it up", so to speak.

One last thing - I was also lucky in that I got the 3-box set version of SoundForge's FX suite, (a $300 software package), when Mars Music was going out of business, for $20! Unbelievable deal - great total software package when coupled with my CE/Audition.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          One last thing - I was also lucky in that I got the 3-box set version of SoundForge's FX suite, (a $300 software package), when Mars Music was going out of business, for $20! Unbelievable deal - great total software package when coupled with my CE/Audition.
          what exactly is the FX suite?.. does it expand the FX database of CE/Audition?

Comment

bump for an answer to my previous post

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your first reply.

Actually, I had a "typo". Its the XFX Suite, which is just a group of DX plug-ins that expand the effects capabilities of CE/Audition.

Hold down SHIFT, and click here, then scroll to the bottom, and look at the three products called:

XFX 1 Direct X Plug-in, XFX 2, and XFX 3.

They listed at $149 ea., but came as a complete box set for $20.
              If you click on one of those links, even Sound Forge shows them as MSRP of $149, but sells them for $34.97.

They're a nice suite to have, but I don't know if I'ld pay $100 for the set. Maybe.

Edit: You know . . . on second thought, I would pay $100 for the set. It is a very nice suite of effects and audio tools. And, they show up under CE/Audition's menu bar.
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 06-02-2004, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your first reply.

Actually, I had a "typo". Its the XFX Suite, which is just a group of DX plug-ins that expand the effects capabilities of CE/Audition.

Hold down SHIFT, and click here, then scroll to the bottom, and look at the three products called:

XFX 1 Direct X Plug-in, XFX 2, and XFX 3.

They listed at $149 ea., but came as a complete box set for $20.
                If you click on one of those links, even Sound Forge shows them as MSRP of $149, but sells them for $34.97.

They're a nice suite to have, but I don't know if I'ld pay $100 for the set. Maybe.

Edit: You know . . . on second thought, I would pay $100 for the set. It is a very nice suite of effects and audio tools. And, they show up under CE/Audition's menu bar.
                im not too much into the effects of cool edit beside the EQ's, dynamics, and processing, things of the nature (im a perfectionist ) does this offer a lot of option for these types of effects past what is on the stock CE/Audition software?

Comment

Yeah, one of three sets is exactly that:

EQ: parametric, graphic, and para-graphic. (plus more)
                  Dynamics: compression, expansion:

Then there's noise reduction, pop/click removal, pitch-shift.

Really - almost too much to list. Whats built-in to CE is good, but these do offer a few more options and features.

I'm at work, so I may be mixing some features up here, but I think its XFX 2 that you might be interested in.

Its sort of hard call as to whether or not they're enough better to justify $35. I'll take a closer look at it when I get home, and maybe I can post some screen shots.

Edit: I should probably add one more thing. All three of these packs have that stupid "product activation" thing. After installing them, you must have an internet connection in order for them to go out and get the "code" to make them work. I imagine that that info is stored someplace in the registry, but I've never persued it far enough to see where.
                  Last edited by ArtieToo; 06-02-2004, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Yeah, one of three sets is exactly that:

EQ: parametric, graphic, and para-graphic. (plus more)
                    Dynamics: compression, expansion:

Then there's noise reduction, pop/click removal, pitch-shift.

Really - almost too much to list. Whats built-in to CE is good, but these do offer a few more options and features.

I'm at work, so I may be mixing some features up here, but I think its XFX 2 that you might be interested in.

Its sort of hard call as to whether or not they're enough better to justify $35. I'll take a closer look at it when I get home, and maybe I can post some screen shots.

Edit: I should probably add one more thing. All three of these packs have that stupid "product activation" thing. After installing them, you must have an internet connection in order for them to go out and get the "code" to make them work. I imagine that that info is stored someplace in the registry, but I've never persued it far enough to see where.
                    hmm.. sounds interesting.. something for me to pursue in the future.. as for now im fine with what i have..but thanks a lot for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                    X