banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me choose les paul colour, heritage cherry or goldtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose les paul colour, heritage cherry or goldtop?

Okay so i decided to go for a paul isntead of another 137 which will probably have the same problem anyway.

And i think they'll have to order it in and i wont get to inspect the colour before it comes, so ill have to pick off the website and your advice. Although im sure if the guitar comes and i really hate the finish ill be able to get something else, it is afterall my money

Anyway, firstly i was going to ask if the gibson site is a faithful representation of the colours, particularly on the heritage cherry standard? Because it looks a lot darker than i remember it in person. I remember seeing one in person and liking it a lot but then the one on the site seems very dark. I prefer something like slashes sunburst les paul that he uses a lot.

Its kinda between a cherry sunburst and a goldtop. I absolutely love both of them....and no i cant get both.....i wish i could

This guitar is going to be my main axe, and im gonna keep it for ever hopefully.

Let the forum speak!
    Heritage Cherry Sunburst
    65.79%
    Goldtop
    34.21%
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Help me choose les paul colour, heritage cherry or goldtop?

Get a 1957 Reissue Goldtop. ~2300, but it is a keeper, custom shop quality and all. Way better on average!

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

You dont think a standard would be a keeper?
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

My vote goes to the cherry sunburst
        -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
        Vox VT15
        Washburn D10SCE
        Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

Just my own preferences, but to me, Gold is a "metal" color.
          Any flavor of sunburst, is a "wood" color.

(I voted Cherry.)

Comment

what about a tabacco burst? i have seen slash use those and they look really cool especially the faded tabacoo burst on the 58 or 59 custom shop reissues.
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Well, I've got Cherry Burst's, and I've got a Gold Top....so, I don't think ya would go wrong either way. ( I'm partial to the Cherry Bursts, however ).
              Only The Strong Survive

Comment

The Standards are ok, but historics are better. If you do purchase a Standard, I would replace the electronics and convert the bridge to an ABR-1. I did these upgrades to my Standard and it sounds as good or better than most '59 RIs.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I like the hertage cherry better because you still can see the wood thru. For me the wood it is what makes the difference in the looks of a guitar.

Comment

HC isn´t my favorite finish either, but I can´t seem to get myself to like goldtops
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Tobacco Burst man....its so sweet and classic looking......either that or i think there is something called Vintage Sunburst or somethin like that nowadays.....those are both sweet and just awesome looking, with chrome pickup covers, mmmm... so delicious
                      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                      >cord<
                      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I have just never been able to dig a gold top. I voted HCS
                        ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Between HC and Goldtop, definitely Goltop! It looks great onstage, and you really grow to love that color, when looking down at it. Heritage Cherry has too much bright red and yellow in it IMO. I like it, but don't love it.

Don't forget about the Honeyburst flametops! Or classic black, too.
                          My favorite burst is faded antique sunburst.
                          Last edited by Gearjoneser; 06-01-2004, 11:49 PM.
                          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Personally I don't like gold tops after a while and through heavy use they do lose their colour and start to fade into a greenish colour. They also will get damaged easily but if you are keeping this mostly for playing indoors then that should not cause too much of a problem.

Heritage cherry (or even a tobacco burst) is a colour which is never going to go out of fashion in my opinion but then would you take any notice of what this poll says and will it influence what you get?. At the end of the day you are going to have one tough decision to make!!
                            Normans Guitars

Comment

My vote goes for the Goldtop! That colour changes the look of the guitar drasticly over the see thru colours! I think it looks smooth and very stylish.... classy maybe a better word.

But if i had to go the other way....
                              im drawn to the HONEYBURST!!! ooooo yeah!

But at the end of the day..... its your call... get what you really like, and be happy with your choice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X