Mesa/Boogie Nomads vs f series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa/Boogie Nomads vs f series

Hi i want to know what are the differnces and which one is better. Im deciding between the f30 combo and the nomad 45 combo. I like that the nomad is more at gig worthy power and comes in a 2x12 format. but it does cost mroe and i dont know how they sound right now. Any suggestions? Also it seems my budget ahs been blown to crap, and now it seems ill have to wait even longer for my amp, maybe around chirstmas if i can get a job during school.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: Mesa/Boogie Nomads vs f series

I don't have much insight to give, as I've got about 20 minutes of play time on each of them one day last week, but I liked the Nomad a lot more. It had a lot more versatilitly, and I thought the tone was a little nicer, though somewhat similar. I have heard some stories about reliability issues with the Nomads, but that was a while ago, when they first came out, so all those may be cleared up by now... I haven't looked lately. So FWIW, I liked the Nomad more, but I don't really know if it was worth that much extra cash. If you don't need that many options, I would go with the F-30, and get an extension cab.

Comment

The F-30 uses EL84 power tubes, which makes for a pretty loud 30watt amp. Not to mention the fact that you can easily mic it.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I have a Nomad 55 (1x12) combo and also have an ext cab (1x12) as well. I am sure that I have told this story before but at the end of last year/beginnig of this year I wanted a F50. However I just could not find one and in the end settled for the Nomad.

The F50 are very good amps and although only have two channels the clean channel is very good. The second channel has medium gain but when you switch in the Contour it will give that classic recto sound and is something which is really nice. I was severely tempted to trade in my Nomad for the F50 but as you will read further on I decided not to.

My Nomad F55 has 3 channels and has 2 modes on each as well as a solo switch (making a total of 7). In other words it has got more verstaility and you can get whatever sounds you want from it. From looking at their site you can only now get the 45 (with EL84 tubes) or the 100. Personally speaking if you can get a used Nomad 55 then that is the way to go. As you can put in different power tubes without any problems or alternatively get the F50 which again is going to give you that flexibility. I have not had any problems with reliability of the Nomad.
        Normans Guitars

Comment

cool, well i look at the rpices form my guitar world, and the rpice of thenomad 45 is affrodable to me, evetually, as is the f30, both run of El84's so i guess it may be similiar in tone. I think im gonna save up and eventually buy thenomad 45, mainlyt becuase it has gig worthy volume and for the extra 100 or so i get anotehr speaker, whihc is much better as i really wnat a 2x12 combo and not a 1 x 12 combo. Also the f30 CANNOT be hooked up to any cabs as far as i know. The only down side is that i cant buy it this summer and will have to wait longer, oh well no big deal.

Comment

I'm on the lookout for a Mesa Nomad 55 1X2. I played a Nomad 55 4X10 and I loved it. It was just too big and heavy for me to buy (it was only $600 new at GC).
            Anyhow Norman_T gave a description of his 55 1X12 set up and since then I've been looking for one that I can pickup locally for a good price ( no luck yet)
            2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
              Also the f30 CANNOT be hooked up to any cabs as far as i know.
              Yes it can

Comment

it can? how?!??!

Comment

Havent tried it yet...

Heres a pic of the back of an f50,but its the same as the back of my f30,look on the furthest right of the amp.

I picked one of these amps up the other day and am REALLY impressed,It competes with the clean of my old SFVR clean easily.
                  It is one of the best cleans I have played on any amp.
                  Only complaints are a lack of deph in the reverb and too much gain for practical use(for me),but it is a Boogie
                  Im suspicious of the dynawatt power,whatever that is but I see the nomad 45 has it aswell.
                  I havent found much info on these amps.
                  Last edited by lew; 11-17-2004, 07:35 PM.

Comment

How does the Rectoverb compare/contrast with the Nomads and F-series?
                    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

There are some clips of the f50 a user has done on the gear page that are pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X