Custom shop Fenders and a RI 1987

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom shop Fenders and a RI 1987

........ Wow awesome guitars, I tried a foamgreen maple neck relic strat, big hunky fat juicy strattone, just like one of the real things from back then, even the V neck had that deadon feel.
    Amazing and expensive, but I would have bought it if I had the money..no doubt.
    Then there was that 1987 RI head and basket cab with greenbacks......gnaaah
    LOUD BIG SPANKING rock sound cranked, awesome cleans too, sounds great with pedals and without.
    I want one of those when they come hardwired, but maybe I'll just buy one of the PCB ones and ptp it myself
    Gods what an amp, great replacement for my late Park.
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 06-04-2004, 01:32 PM.

Re: Custom shop Fenders and a RI 1987

which CS guitar model?
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

A 54 model, reliced and all(still a strange idea to me).
      With aged hardware and wear marks, and a great foamgreen colour body.
      Light as a feather.

Comment

there are so many models I can't keep up, but I thought I read that the relics, the NOS's, and the closet classics were more or less the same with different degrees of aging ....

it would be nice to have one, but I find a modern neck more comfortable
        "music heals"
        facebook

Comment

A high end strat and a Plexi are a beautiful thing. Throw some Carl Martin pedals into the mix, and you're there.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            Then there was that 1987 RI head and basket cab with greenbacks......gnaaah
            LOUD BIG SPANKING rock sound cranked, awesome cleans too, sounds great with pedals and without.
            Kevlar and I will certainly agree with that
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Hehe yeah, I was in Hillerød(town north of Copenhagen) and picking up my oldest daughter, then I usually arrive a day or two early to help my friend who has a guitarshop there.
              He just had a Fender setup day there, and they left a few NOS and Relics strats and Tele's....wow
              The Marshall had a slight mod done to it, if you used the channel 2 on the normal one, you could blend in the bright on top of it, right there was the sound
              of classic proportions.....even at lower volumes you could get a fat crunchy clean.....I brought along the prototype plexi and delaylaXL.....yowsa.

Comment

Working...
              X