i'm looking to buy an amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm looking to buy an amp

hey guys. i have around 700 dollars for an amp right now. i have a fender champion 30 watt amp, and i don't think i like it too much i want more out of my les paul... i'm looking for pretty much nice metal tones(metallica), ac/dc rock i guess... and some nice blues tones. do you have any amp suggestions? thanks guys.
    Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus Desert Burst
    Ibanez RG770DX
    Takamine EAN10C Acoustic
    Long live ROCK.

Re: i'm looking to buy an amp

Just a few suggestions.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Re: i'm looking to buy an amp

You'd have to save up another 200-300 or so for it, but if you want a great amp that works well with a les paul and gives great metal, various shades of blues, and early Marshall sounds, you should try a Triamp. I'd say if you were all about metal, get an ENGL. However, for blues, I love my Triamp to death (I get light crunch sounds ala AC/DC, one channel for dynamic styled blues (works off pick attack whether clean or not, another channel for hot rodded blues etc).

The Marshall DSL would be a good amp for around that price though. 50w is more than enough power, even in live situations. Good luck
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Working...
      X